Wisconsin
Options

Desperately Seeking a Good Florist

My wedding will be in the Beaver Dam area. I'm willing to travel to Fond du Lac, Sun Prairie and the surrounding area to find a good florist. I have had a terrible experience with florists so far. Most of them have been rude or look at me with that 'deer caught in headlights' look when I ask them for ideas. The lady I thought I was booking in Columbus (that's where my reception is) told me one price when we met and then up-ed it by $600 when she sent me the contract-after I sent her a deposit of course!! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated ladies!

Re: Desperately Seeking a Good Florist

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I would recommend our florist- she was very good to work with:

http://janetheflowerlady.com/index.html

the website is older, but she does great work.  She will meet with you and listen to your ideas as well as gives her ideas too.  She is in Colgate, WI
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out Flowers by Faye, she's in Wauwatosa. She works from her home so her overhead is low. Her prices are very reasonable and her work is great.

www.flowersbyfaye.net

• Options
    MidniteSun383MidniteSun383 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try the Flower Basket in Ripon.  She's great and inexpensive!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Kristy2, I contacted Jane. I made an appt. with her for next week. Thanks for the recommendation!!
  • Options
    TinyJeniTinyJeni member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm also looking for a good, inexpensive florist. Could you post an update after you meet with her and tell us what your thoughts are? Thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You're welcome :)  I hope the meeting goes well!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Kristy2,

I finally met with Jane last night. We had to cancel a couple times due to all the snow and ice we had last week. She was wonderful!!! I'm getting everything I envisioned and it's in my budget. I feel 100% better knowing that she's going to be our florist. Thank you so very much for recommending her!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with WorldTrvlr.  My sister used Faye in Sept and I am using her in May.  Her work is wonderful and her prices are great!
    Jody
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 8/29/12, ectopic pregnancy confirmed 9/4/12 and lost our sweet little one at 9 weeks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards