Wedding Reception Forum

Need to provide alcohol to venue....what should I get?

We have to provide alcohol to our venue. It is a day wedding in June at the beach with 25 adult guests. What alcohol would you expect/want to have if you were a guest at a wedding?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

TTC since January 2013

Re: Need to provide alcohol to venue....what should I get?

• What time of day?
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • 12pm-4pm
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

TTC since January 2013
  • Are mixers included?  I'd say vodka, rum and maybe one "manly" liquor...(scotch, whiskey, etc.)
  • Do you want to get hard alcohol?  If not, I'd be fine with beer, wine, and champagne.  I also like the suggestion of sangria, or you could add a rum punch as a signature cocktail.  
  • 12-4 pm, I'd definitely recommend getting beer and wine. Red wine I'm not really sure what kind is popular (I don't drink red), but with white something like pinot grigio should be fine (It's not too sweet, not too dry).

If you're going to add in hard liquor, the most commonly used for mixers tend to be vodka, rum, whiskey and gin, in that order.

*I felt sorry for my husband before I met him. Take a number.*

• With only 25 people you should be able to figure out what most of your guests drinks.     For example, if I was having a party with my family I would have the following.

Jack - Mom's drink
    Vodka - DH's drink 
    Red wine - Me
    Wine wine - mom (depends on her mood)
    Import and domestic Beer - brother and Dad, BIL
    Rum - my 2 SILs

My sister and other brother switch up their drinks, but it's always one of choices above.  Actually, most people will find something to drink with the above choices.  

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Not sure your budget, but I'm seconding a good beer and a nice white wine. Sangria or a lovely punch would be a perfect addition.
  • I think for afternoon, beer and wine/champagne are probably fine.  I don't see a lot of people wanting to drink Scotch on a beach in June in the daytime.
    DSC_9275
  • My daughter is doing a signiture drink an beer, and BYOB for everyone else. I would say Wine and Beer for sure and set ups
  • On the beach in June, I'd just want some sangria or something like that if anything.

• I guess I have a different prespective on things.  I work at a beach resort in the islands for 16 years.   People drink all kinds of drinks on the beach regardless of the time of day.  Sure some drinks like rum are more popular, but I've poured vodka, whiskey and red wine beachside pretty often.

::shrugs::

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards