North Carolina-Outer Banks

Beach Wedding Help!!!

Hi ladies,

I am here researching beach wedding ideas to help out my future sister-in-law. She has a very small budget of $5,000 and 50 guest. They are trying to get married next April on the 14th.  If you all have any suggestions on venues that could accomdate a small party for ceremoney and reception space, I would truly apreciate it.

Kind regards,
MJ

Re: Beach Wedding Help!!!

• rebecca2929rebecca2929 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out outerbanksweddingassociation.com - it has most of the vendors listed and is a huge help.  We got married at the Aquarium in Manteo on a $5000.00 with 50 guests.  By doing it on a Saturday during normal hours we saved a ton of money.  Several of the girls got married at Budleigh.  Some had a beach ceremony with the reception at a rental house and some got married at the Pearl.

There's a FB group where there's much more activity...OBX Knotties 2011-12.  Look them up...the girls and groom are a ton of help.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Hi MsCross!  I just put this on another site, so I'll post it here too :)

With such a tight budget, look into Christopher Nieto for photography if you want a professional photographer. He quoted me half of what the rest of the vendors wanted. We didn't go with him because I didn't necessarily like his style, however a lot of the other girls did seem to like him a great deal.

I think you can pull it off! For venue, check into The Cypress House Inn. It is 125FT (across beach road) from a public beach access. With 50 people, the event fee is only like $800 I want to say? With this, you'd have to rent all tables and chairs though. There are 6 rooms that need to be rented for two nights each in order to reserve the inn as well, but you can open this up to your friends and family. You are responsible for paying for what isn't booked 1 month out though. If you don't rent a tent in this situation though ($1500-2000) you are running the risk of getting rained out. For that reason, definitely check into the Pearl. Also, although the Sanderling seems very expensive, I think others have found great all inclusive deals there with a small wedding. I see on their website it is $5000 for an all inclusive package for 15 people. It includes the following:

Beach Ceremony with ChairsOfficiate to conduct CeremonyBridal Bouquet and Groom's BoutonniereOne Hour Hors d'Oeuvres ReceptionA 3-course Wine Paired Dinner in the Upper DeckChampagne Toast2-tier Wedding CakeVotive Candles for the TablesCoordinating ServicesOcean View Room for two nights for the Bride and GroomChampagne and Strawberries upon arrivalBreakfast for two each morning

This is VERY small though (15 people) you can add people for $175/head but that does add up.) Includes A LOT for the price though!

If you are willing to head to Corolla, check out Pelican's Landing. Its a beach front event home that includes all rentals. It is only $3800 to get it for two nights (non weekeed) in prime season (June - Sept). I'm sure its even cheaper in May or Oct. If you have 50 guests or under, I don't even think you need to rent a tent. This may seem like the best option for you! Here's a link to the house
    http://www.pelicanslandingobx.com/index.html

Sorry for the crazy long post! I love doing this stuff! I'm running out of decisions to make for my own wedding. LOL! Good luck!

Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • edited December 2011
    IIF YOU NEED HELP WITH FLOWERS CHEK OUT HTFLORAL@YAHOO.COM ON FACEBOOK. THEY ARE VERY REASONABLE
  • OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Please do not post on these boards.  Vendors are not allowed to post on community forums, it's against TheKnot's Terms of Service.

Thanks you!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards