December 2012 Weddings
Options

Wedding Pictures

Where is everyone getting wedding pictures taken? 

At first, I was having a lot of trouble thinking of places that would look nice in winter.  We will be getting some in the church, of course, but didn't know where to go after.  We finally came up with 2 ideas: somewhere by water (there are some streams, ponds, dams nearby that we will have to choose from) and in front of/near evergreen trees (probably near wherever the water pictures are).  A lot of places that people usually use don't look as nice with no leaves on the trees but I think we had some good alternatives.

Just curious what ideas others came up with! :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding Pictures

• Options
    I'm destination so I don't really count lol. We're doing it near the monorail in the Grand Floridian, along the boardwalk, etc. But I'm partial to urban winters. Maybe in the city where there may be snow. Modern photographers get really creative in urban surroundings. If your kinda of out of the city area, maybe an open field...I don't really know the Pittsburgh landscape that well lol
    SoFla December Siggy: Our favorite Holiday pic=Christmas 2011, 3 days after we got engaged 7E8C9975-2584-46D6-9348-98F987844629-655-00000022C95C02AF magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
    Free Disney Tickers https://apps.facebook.com/Disney-Weddings/sites/theprincessandthegator
  • Options
    I'm getting married on the westside of Cleveland. We will be doing some pictures at the venue, some down by the lake (as long as the weather agrees!), and some at an indoor botanical garden center. The latter was suggested by our photographer that way we have some "spring/summer" pictures as well as the seasonal winter pictures. It will really end up depending on the weather that day to be honest. Even though I hate snow, I'm hoping for a nice pretty dusting for pictures! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Both of those sound like they will look really amazing!!

angela-I wish we had an indoor place like that where we could go, it would be a good backup in case of rain too.  I agree about having a small dusting of snow that would look nice, but I'm not very hopeful.  Also, if there IS some precipitation the day of the wedding I really hope it's snow and NOT rain!!

STBMrsDio-I'm not really in Pittsburgh, TK classified me there, but I'm really like 2 hours east of Pittsburgh in the rural middle of nowhere, lol. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_december-2012-weddings_wedding-pictures?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:165a14a2-af2b-4bfc-bce4-0a4d9e0ba45bDiscussion:94242fd4-fff4-43a5-a48f-cc1b6b51d010Post:fcb616f3-6e91-4074-91ff-778aead3eac6">Re: Wedding Pictures</a>:
    [QUOTE]Both of those sound like they will look really amazing!! angela-I wish we had an indoor place like that where we could go, it would be a good backup in case of rain too.  I agree about having a small dusting of snow that would look nice, but I'm not very hopeful.  Also, if there IS some precipitation the day of the wedding I really hope it's snow and NOT rain!! STBMrsDio-I'm not really in Pittsburgh, TK classified me there, but I'm really like 2 hours east of Pittsburgh in the rural middle of nowhere, lol. 
    Posted by AlexaNP[/QUOTE]

are you near a bigger city? i'm not really in sc either. I'm in midwest. where there's LOTS of snow. In our city there are public parks in downtown areas that get xmas lights hung on trees, and it's BEAUTIFUL. Check into that. Also, find some type of flower conservatory for indoor pics, or even at your local zoo.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I'm doing a destination wedding as well so we will be taking pictures on Disney property. :)

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    LOL! TK is so dumb sometimes. I guess it's the only way to split us into regions. I love the countryside. Why not get some rustic christmasy snow pics. I'm a Florida girl so if I could get snow in my pics I would just DIE! LOL. The closest we'll get is fake Disney snow on our mini moon. I say take advantage of the weather...it'll make for great Xmas cards:)
    SoFla December Siggy: Our favorite Holiday pic=Christmas 2011, 3 days after we got engaged 7E8C9975-2584-46D6-9348-98F987844629-655-00000022C95C02AF magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
    Free Disney Tickers https://apps.facebook.com/Disney-Weddings/sites/theprincessandthegator
  • Options
    I am having all the pictures taken either inside the church or just at the entrance. I think one location is plenty unless you are doing pictures of just two of you. Maybe you can do a first look at a location of you and your DF's choice? Those are popular.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards