• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
September 2010 Weddings

It's Over

Just wanted to let you all know that FI's mother passed away on Dec. 23.  I told you he got a phone call that he should come out to see her right away and left work early that day.  Well, he arrived at about 5:30pm, spent a few hours sitting with her, and she passed away at 10:45pm that night.  Everyone has been saying that she was holding on just for him to get here.  The last thing she said to him was "remember, I love you."  I gave him a few days with just his family than drove out to NY the day after Christmas to join him for the viewing on Sunday and the burial today.

Finally, her suffering is over.  I broke down at her viewing because the person I saw in the casket looked nothing like her.  She looked 1000 times worse than even the last time I saw her.  As sad as this is, the pain and suffering is not what we wanted for her ever, and it doesn't have to be that way for her anymore.

She had a full Catholic mass today at a beautiful cathedral and her viewing was yesterday.  I met alot of FI's extended family for the first time, wished it was under better circumstances.  But now it will be alot less awkward at the wedding and I will know more faces.  So, I guess that's the good that has come out of this.  In fact, it has made FI and I alot more excited about our plans!!

FI is doing ok.  He doesn't quite know how to feel.  Of course he's devastated but at the both time we both feel the relief, the peace, and the weight that has been lifted.  She is with God, and all of the drama FI and I went through with her is finally over.  He has his moments but this was a long time coming and he has had alot of time to prepare himself for this.  Alot of our friends from NY also showed up at the viewing; which meant alot and I know it helped FI a ton to have them there.

Thank you everyone for all of the love, support and advice you've given me here over the past few months especially.  You're all amazing <3
"Imperfection is beauty; madness is genious. And it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring" ~ Marilyn Monroe Anniversary
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: It's Over

• My thoughts are with your fiance, his family, and you. I'm happy to hear the suffering is over; I know it's been a rough ride. Hang in there. 
    ~Bethany My Bio! Visit Lansing.Weddings.com image
    9.10 Siggy Challenge: Fave Pic of FI & I. There are lots, but this one's good! :) image
  • As sad as her passing is, I'm glad your FMIL is no longer suffering.  I hope you two will eventually find peace and continue to plan your wedding.  Remember, we're here for you.
  • I'm sorry to hear about the loss that you, your FI and family have suffered. It is good to see that you are keeping positive and understanding.  I'm sure your FI's mother was happy to know that her son would have such a supportive love in his life.

I'm sure the coming weeks will be difficult as your FI will have so many emotions that he can't understand running through him. We'll be here to support you when you need to vent or need advice.
    Photobucket
  • I am so sorry for your loss, but I understand firsthand the relief that comes when a loved one is no longer suffering. I think you have handled this difficult situation so well. She was involved with hospice care, right? When my grandmother went through hospice, they offered us grief counsel. You may want to look into the possibility of finding a more local extension of that for you and your FI while you both grieve.
    Me: 26 DH: 32
    TTC since 08/2010
    Anovulatory since at least 12/2010 (probably longer, unDx)
    Dx PCOS 3/2012
    SA 5/25/12--normal
    June 2012--50mg clomid+TI--BFN
    July 2012--50mg clomid+Ovidrel+TI--BFN, lining at 5mm
    August 2012--5mg femara+Ovidrel+TI
  • I am sorry for your loss. We are all here for the both of you. I will keep your family in my prayers. <3
  • Sorry for you and your Fi's loss dear.. i know it's hard but i'm glad you can see the good through the bad. That's the way love works with families. Still sending thoughts and prayers to your family!
  • I know that this has been an extremely difficult time for both you and your FI, and I am so sorry for you loss.
    Like you said, she is now with god and no longer suffering.

I'm keeping you, your FI and family in my thoughts.
    Anytime you need something, you know where to come :)
    *hugs*
    [URL=http://tinyurl.com/codlr5]My Bio [/URL]
  • I am so sorry to hear of your loss.
    I will be keeping you and your FI in my prayers.
    <3
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Although this is a very tough time for your FI, his family, and yourself, just remember that she is no longer suffering.  It's not how anyone would want her to be.  I'm sorry to hear about your loss.  Try to keep positive, but also know that there are going to be days where FI or yourself are just sad or missing here.  You have to allow yourself to have some of those days, it certainly helps with the healing.

We are all thinking of you, and are all here for you...
  • You know, I had this long comment and bible verse typed out but I figured it'd be best to just keep it simple and say: God Bless through the grievance period.
    Thoughts and prayers are with you and your FI.

Datsyuks & Ferdy- We Go Together Like...

• Sorry to hear about your loss!  My thoughts are with you, your FI and his family!
  • T&P&KV to you and your FI!.....Keep strong and know shes in good hands!
  • I am sorry for your loss :( Im glad that her suffering is over! Prayers are with you through this period!
  • My heart goes out to you guys! Lean on your faith and you'll find peace. May each day bring you more happiness.
  • My thoughts are with you and your FI. 
    My deal is that I am going to murder your puppies and piss on your rainbows. -diablesse Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards