Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Good morning!

I'm allergic to England and I'm miserable!  I never had allergies in the US so there must be some plant here that isn't at home. 

Anyone have any suggestions?  I took one a day hay fever meds. 

Re: Good morning!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry!  I never really had allergies but I know you can always develop them later in life.  Feel better!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know how you feel. When I went to Paris last year I thought I was going to sneeze my face off! It was terrible! And to make it worse, my eye got all irritated and puffy so it looked like I got punched in the face! There must be huge allergens over there. So sorry to hear you are having problems. Can you ask the doctor for good allergy meds?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    try zyrtec.
  • Options
    ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Zyrtec KNOCKS me out. One of the clariton 24 hour non drowsy should do the trick!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sometimes your diet can trigger worse allergies.  Google it to see if something your eating is making you more susceptible.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Claritin non-drowsy is good.  I like taking Benadryl at night. It knocks me out and helps with the allergies.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    christie11rnchristie11rn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    if the Claritan isn't helping any, try running a vaporizer/air purifier, or sit in the bathroom with some steam going for just a short time (<10mins). Allergies stink. They cut the grass here yesterday and i can't stop sneezing ><

• Options
    Jesster153Jesster153 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Advil allergy/sinus seems to be one of the only thing that works for me

My mom swears by that Netti Pot thing....I hate it (grosses me out) but she thinks it helps. It didn't really help me though.
    Siggy Challange: Me and my girls :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    jlb734jlb734 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I never ever used to have allergy issues, but this year seems to be an exception.  That on top of the fact that my dog almost broke my nose last night in his excitement over a new toy, and it makes for a wonderful, swollen-eyed, sore sinus'ed day. Blah!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A Neti pot, yes it gross but it helps so much.  If you need more use some non-drowsy advil or sudafed cold and sinus.  Plus tea with honey, not chamomille becuase that will make them worse.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards