Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

false eye lashes

I have always been interested in them and ever since I had my b-pics done, I loved the look of them.

Anyone use these? I wanted to get them, and practice putting them on. I am just nervous and have no idea what I am doing! If anyone uses them, which ones do you get? Thanks for any help!

Re: false eye lashes

• CA2PABride2BeCA2PABride2Be member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've used them before and they're fun.  The only thing is the glue can get a bit messy.  I was actually asking my makeup artist, when I did my trial, if I should do fake eyelashes for the wedding.  She said, in my case, that I have long enough lashes that mascara should cover it and her concern is that if I start crying or rubbing my eyes at all then they can start to pull off at the ends with the glue and they become a hassel.

I'm sure enough girls have worn them, though, for their weddings that they may have different stories.
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    183 image 128 image 55 image 0 image RSVP Date: June 4, 2010
  • edited December 2011
    I should have said I just wanted to use them just for fun every now and again, oops. I guess I can just play with them and see what happens. :)  Do you know what brand you had? I was looking on sephoras site and seen a bunch that looked nice.

I would most likely use them for the wedding as long as they don't look fake. My friend used them for her wedding and they did not look so natural,  I knew right away that she had false lashes on. I guess I can see at my trial the kind my MUA will use to see how natural they look and just get the same kind for me to use. I just didn't want people to look at me and know I have false lashes, yanno, whenever I have them on.
  • edited December 2011
    I'd reccomend if you want longer lashes for your wedding but don't want to mess with glue and them possibly coming off having lash extensions threaded in at your salon.  While it costs more they last a lot longer and look a ton better. 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_fasle-eye-lashes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:fb777743-a427-4348-87d7-6cacb8bf1322Post:d753c84a-57a6-4235-96fd-c4ce97dcaa27">Re: false eye lashes</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'd reccomend if you want longer lashes for your wedding but don't want to mess with glue and them possibly coming off having lash extensions threaded in at your salon.  While it costs more they last a lot longer and look a ton better. 
    Posted by aprovencher21[/QUOTE]

I did consider this, but it is super expensive for me. Thanks though.
  • edited December 2011
    I had false lashes put on during my trial - I had them on all day and didn't even notice them.  Emily from Cheekadee used the individual ones rather than the full line of lashes (they look like little bunches of 3 - 4 lashes).  She used 5 lashes for each eye after applying my mascara.  I wasn't really planning on using them but I really liked how natural they looked.  I saw them at Sephore if you want to start practicing!
    Yorkie Jenga

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Yea I seen them but I think they are more advanced (all the reviews online scare me) , I might have to ask the people at Sephora to give me a lesson on them. I want to use those kind, because they would look more natural. Thanks Pharm!
  • Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    They scare me too much.  Mascara is enough for me.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_fasle-eye-lashes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:fb777743-a427-4348-87d7-6cacb8bf1322Post:af3fb877-c351-4f05-952b-355fb0e81e8e">Re: false eye lashes</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: false eye lashes : I did consider this, but it is super expensive for me. Thanks though.
    Posted by Bride_to_be_2011[/QUOTE]

Another great way to get the effect of being natural without all the glue and possible "fakeness" of the entire lash strip is to purchase these from Sephora for like $15-$16 (I am a makeup and Sephora addict)....

<a href="http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P114417&categoryId=B70">http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P114417&categoryId=B70</a>

I wear these almost daily and they hold up wonderfully.  It is easier if you are having your makeup done by someone to get them in the exact places but they provide a "wow" factor without looking cheesy or messy.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_fasle-eye-lashes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:fb777743-a427-4348-87d7-6cacb8bf1322Post:e398e94d-2bf8-4fbb-a808-85bee6a8043e">Re: false eye lashes</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yea I seen them but I think they are more advanced (all the reviews online scare me) , I might have to ask the people at Sephora to give me a lesson on them. I want to use those kind, because they would look more natural. Thanks Pharm!
    Posted by Bride_to_be_2011[/QUOTE]

Ooops should have read the entire board before responding.  I actually find the single bunches easier than the entire fake eyelash strip.  If you decide to go that route I really recommend using tweezers to get accurate placement and to practice a bit before using them for the big day.  I think it took me about 5-7 trials to really get them done nicely (not really that long and they aren't that pricey since you only need like 4-5 bunches for each eye).
  • edited December 2011

I am getting make up done for the wedding, I was just really asking about the lashes for everyday use. I will check out the lashes from sephora. Thanks again!
  • Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I use the cheapy Revlon or whatever when I'm feeling a little sassy.

However, I don't use the whole strand.  I cut them and just placed them on the outter corners of my eye. 
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for all of your help, I think I might not be as scared anymore. I am going to go to Sephora to see if they will help me put them on.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards