Wedding Invitations & Paper

Hopefully my last! Addressing envelopes - different marrital situations

I know the general way to address a married couple (regardless of who you know (more)) Mr & Mrs H First Name Last Name.

But there are a couple of others that I want to check on.

*Diverced woman: Ms. - correct?

*Single never married woman: Ms. or Miss? Only 1 will under 18 and she will be on the invite with her parents (under their Mr. & Mrs.). The rest are 40+

*Widowed grandmother's... how would you address them?

*There is one married couple; different last names (the friend kept her maiden name). Friend's son's last name is same is same as hers. How would they be addressed? Or even in another situation where FI's SIL has her maiden-H's last name.

*FI's cousin - His real name is John Thomas but he has always been addressed as JT.  As he is over 18 he is getting his own. Should he be addressed John Thomas or JT? I honestly don't know if there is ettiquette for this, which is why I'm asking.

That's it as far as addressing envelopes.

But, I have one more, and probably obvious.

Our Officiant is a friend of ours and will definitely be staying/invited for dinner afterwards. Does she get an invitation?

I realize it's probably a dumb question, and I think I know the answer, but I'd rather know for sure than screw up by doing the wrong thing.
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Hopefully my last! Addressing envelopes - different marrital situations

• Thank you very much CMGr! You've been very helpful :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I was told last week by someone who should know, you use Mrs. for the first year after the husband passes.  Never heard that one before.
  • It's a matter of personal preference.

Some women are always Mrs.  John Smith.    My late uncle's widow became Ms. Jane Smith about 2 years after he passed.  She may have changed prior to that tim but that was when I sent the wedding invitations.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards