New York-Long Island

westbury manor help?

Hi all,
I am contemplating using the Westbury Manor but something in my gut is making me question it. Has anyone been to a wedding there or had a wedding there? Any info. would be great! Thanks!

Re: westbury manor help?

• nicole1125nicole1125 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well I have never been to a wedding there, but we did go check it out, it was ok not as nice as I thought it would be from the website. To be honest for the price they were charging (we are getting married on a fri night in May) we didnt think it was worth it, other places with comparable prices (or a little lower) were much nicer. I hear the food is ok, not anything to rave about.......altough I know someone who got married there last July and was very happy, so its really all about what you like, I would def say look around a bit more tho if you are having doubts.....We are getting marring May 13th at the Fox Hollow, the price was a bit more reasonable and we thought it was sooo much nicer there plus we hear amazing things about them and the food there....GL! :)
  • MNMC1228MNMC1228 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That was the first place we went to before booking Stewart Manor Country Club.  The garden at Westbury Manor is gorgeous and I loved the fact that cocktail hour could be outside.  I was however, disappointed in the room they were going to put us for the reception.  The garden room looked way too small!  When we sat down with the manager he gave a price and then kept making it go down but after you did the math, we would have been paying for the original price.  We got the price for a Friday night in August of next year.  
    It really depends on what you want.  I didn't pick it because I felt the manager was like a car salesman and the room seemed too small.  Also, I knew already that I wanted SMCC.  Your best bet is to just go there and see how you like it. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hi :)

I went to a wedding there in June and was VERY dissappointed.  The ceremony and cocktail hour were held outside and it was VERY hot and the food was just okay, nothing special.  There was another HUGE wedding going on at the same time right next to us and it did not feel intimate, it felt like 2 weddings combined.  We had to walk through another wedding to get into the reception room.  It was a small room and was very dark and dreary, nothing special.  I would say that this place isn't too great- there is too much going on at once and all the parties share the same bathrooms.  I would suggest asking a lot of questions when you go see the place if you are interested. :) hope this helps
  • edited December 2011
    I just had my reception at Westbury Manor 8/1/10!  It was amazing.  The gardens were beautiful, everyone raved about the food and the staff was extremely attentive and helpful.  I don't have one complaint about the day.  It was perfect from start to finish.  Good luck and I hope this helps. If you want to know anything else let me know.--Lauren
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married there next March and so far I've had no issues with them. Whenever I call with a question, I either get the answer immediately or they call me right back. When I first booked, they gave me a food voucher to try out the food and I did a few weeks ago. It was actually very good. Plus from the paperwork I was given, they have a ton of food selections, more than the other 7 venues I checked before them. I love the quaint feel of the place. If you want more glitz and glamour, than this might not be the place for you.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I actually got married there in October 2007 and loved my experience with them! My sister will also be getting married there in December. I found them to be very accomodating and the food selection to be outstanding. We were able to have our coctail hour outside and it was lovely.

The only problem was that you will not be the only wedding there. Some of my guests actually ended up at another cocktail hour! If you have any other questions you can PM me or page me on the Philly Nest. Good Luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • AmandalovesAlAmandalovesAl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We booked the Westbury Manor for next summer.  We looked at a bunch of places, but nothing compared to WM.  The fact that it is historcal and cozy and not just some huge CATERING HALL made us love it.  The gardens sold us.  Then the price was amazing for what we are getting.  (We are using the small room too btw.) .  We went there for dinner before we signed and the food was amazing.  The staff is always so kind and polite everytime i have been in there.  They treat us like royalty.

Also i know so many people who have either gotten married there, or been to a wedding or other function there and had NOTHING but amazing things to say.

MNMC - PS I also looked at the SMCC but felt that everything was really disorganized.  Make sure that you have everything that you need/want outlined to make things go smoother.  I asked about having cocktails outside and they said 'sure, but no staff will be bringing out drinks, they have to go inside'...
    imageimageVacation Till our honeymoon!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I am  also getting married at the Fox Hollow.. before I book them, I went to look at the WM.. The gardens are beautiful outside, just didn't like the room they were going to put me in, way to small, and over priced for a Friday night wedding.. Just make sure you do your research, and your completely happy with the place you choose.. 
    GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!
  • Jpositive831Jpositive831 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ONCE YOU BOOK THE WESTBURY MANOR THEY HAVE A BRIDAL EVENT EVERY 2 MONTHS EXCLUSIVE TO WM BRIDES AND THEY HAVE A FOOD TASTING, & VENUE SEARCH: DJ'S PHOTO ETC ITS AMAZING THE FOOD IS OUT OF THIS WORLD AND THEY EVEN HAVE THIS AWESOME THING CALLED A MASHED POTATO BAR - ITS AWESOME!!! BESIDES THAT I HAVE NEVER MET A STAFF MORE HAPPY TO ACCOMADATE YOU, AND OUR WEDDING COORDINATOR RESPONDS IMMEDIANTLY TO ANY QUESTIONS. OUR WEDDING I SIN JULY AND I CANT WAIT!!
  • edited December 2011
    Anyone knows WHAT IS INCLUDED in their PRICE per HEAD ?
  • jellibjellib member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    a lot.... bar, 7 dinner choices, a bunch of cocktail stations, flowers for ceremony and cocktail hr decoration, that thing you stand under for outdoor ceremony, wedding cake, a dessert, ummm... were you thinking of anything else? i cant think of more but im sure there is
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards