Illinois-Chicago

Engagement Pictures!

Hi all,
This is my first time posting on here (aside from the introduce yourself threads).  So this Saturday I have my engagement pics, and I have NO idea what to wear, or what locations to use.  Anyone have recommendations from theirs?  We are taking the pictures somewhere in Chicago, but I'm not sure of good locations. 

Any help would be much appreciated!! 

Re: Engagement Pictures!

• aimers1525aimers1525 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi! I was so excited for engagement pictures--you will have a great time! Who's your photographer? Did he/she give you any suggestions as far as locations/outfits?

Our photographer suggested not to wear white and to stay away from heavy patterns (although I totally forgot this and wore a shirt w/a pattern and it turned out fine).  My H and I also brought three different outfits. So I had an outfit w/jeans, a dress and jeans and a football jersey. He had outfit w/jeans and one w/khakis.

We took pictures at the museum campus and then in the loop by Daley Plaza.  Some common places often suggested on this board are: Lincoln Park, Milton Olive Park (by Navy Pier), Promotory Point, Lightology, Garfield Park Conservatory.

HTH! And have so much fun!
  • edited December 2011
    our photographer suggested NOT to wear white since it is the exact opposite of the very slimming color we all know as black
  • edited December 2011
    We did ours at the Lincoln Park Zoo and they turned out amazing! there is a lot of green space and flowers, including the Conservatory and a great view of the Hancoock off the bridge area. All wonderful views and no animals...you would never know we were at the zoo!
  • hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We did two sessions; one at Olive Park (like pp mentioned) and the second at Navy Pier.

I actually wore a white dress with a jean jacket for one of my outfits.  Maybe it's just me, or because of the jacket, but I liked the way it turned out. DH wore jeans and a grey polo with thin blue stripes.

Otherwise, I wore jeans/solid sweater and solid dress/DH wore solid polo and khakis.  I think I have some pics in my Ms. Bio if you're interested
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards