Iowa-Des Moines

Restaurant Reception?

Has anyone here been to one or had one? We're trying to think of a place we can have our wedding that is a bit different yet still affordable, and I've heard of some places that will waive the rental fee if you spend a certain amount on food. I'm just not sure of any such places around here!

Re: Restaurant Reception?

• harper15harper15 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married in 2007 and had our reception at Biaggi's in their private fireplace room.  You really need to limit your guest count, and dancing is out, but for us, it was perfect.  They didn't have a rental fee, but there was a food min.  I can't remember exactly, but I think it was around $2000.  HTH
  • edited December 2011
    We are having our reception at Fleming's at Jordon Creek DSM. There is no reservation fee. They do have food and drink minimums and a private dining director to help you plan you day.
  • edited December 2011
    Most hotels with restaurants let you use a room with a food and drink minimun price. You could do either Johnny's, Embassy suites, Hilton Garden Inn...
  • edited December 2011
    My older sister had a relatively smaller wedding in Oct 2000 and had a reception dinner at Mama Lacona's It was tasty!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards