Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Red scars from acne

Hello. I've had two red marks on my cheek for months now, which used to be pimples (eww). Does anything know how to get rid of them? I am assuming acne medications won't work since it's no longer acne?? Thanks for your help.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Red scars from acne

• Hi! You should go to the Clinique counter -- they have a TON of stuff that helps with post-acne issues. I struggled with dark post-acne marks and I used Even Better Clinical Serum from Clinique and I love it :) They also have a Turnaround serum which helps speed cell turnover, and a redness solutions lotion, as well as a post-blemish stick. I would definitely recommend going to the counter near you and asking what would be best for your type of scar!
  • I have the same problem. I tried a lightening gel by Murad but it didn't work so I went to the dermatologist last month and he prescribed a cream that is stronger than over the counter meds and it is def working. I use it once daily and he told me I should only need to use it for about 2 months. I'm not sure when your wedding is, but if it's any time this year, I'd especially go straight to the derm to get a prescription med b/c you don't want to waste time with products that don't work. Good luck!
  • I agree that you should go to the derm.  I have acne and some scarring, and I've kicked up my derm regimine in anticipation of the wedding.  They can prescribe prodcuts that really work!  Good luck!
  • Thanks for the advice! Seems like the derm. is the best way to go...My wedding is 2012 so hopefully I will have this figured out by thenSmile

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Mary Kay has a replenishing serum + C  that is collagen boosting that helps rejuvenate theskin!  My scarring has almost dissappeared!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards