September 2013 Weddings

DIY Flowersilk Arrangments

So my best friend brides maid and certified non practicing florist and I have decided to do our own centerpieces for the wedding. I'm a little concerned 1 That my silk or real to touch flowers won't look real at and I'm also concerned that this DIY project won't live up to my expectations and that it will be even more expensive than just hiring a florist. I believe once we complete at least one sample centerpiece my mind will be at ease.
Has anyone decided to do DIY centerpieces/floral arrangements for their weddings?
By the way I'm new to The board. I'm getting married 9/12/13 outside ceremony indoor reception.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: DIY Flowersilk Arrangments

• Welcome to the board!  :-) 

I'm also doing DIY centerpiences with the help of my totally awesome stepmom.  But we're doing real flowers instead of silk.  I want the centerpieces to look like wildflowers that have just been picked so it goes well with our barn wedding anyway. 
    Sept '13 Siggy: Hair Inspiration: photo 019944c286331ab6fdf602efadf91e9e_zps2908bf88.jpg photo 80abfd960b2f390596c647e6ec4518d9_zpsdfb581e8.jpg Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I'm doing my centerpieces and bouquet all are going to be fake flowers that way I can do them and store them away until the wedding.
    ~~Sept 2013 Brides - January Siggy - Floral Inspiration~~
    This is my inspiration
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    The actual one I made
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yup. Using silk flowers as well. My BFF used them for her wedding and they turned out awesome. I've been slowly stockpiling silk roses since a little while after we got engaged so it won't hurt as much. lol

For centerpieces, we're just using vintage books with a single rose, but I'm excited to get crafy with the boquets/boutineers. I love being crafty.
    ~*~Sept 2013 Siggy Challange - Then (2005) & Now (2012)~*~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Somebody once said, it's the soul that matters. Baby who can really tell, when two hearts belong so well?
    Tale as Old as Time (Updated 11/26) Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am doing DIY centerpieces but there will be no flowers in them. Partly to keep cost down and partly because that many flowers in one room will make my sinuses nuts. I am planning something with glow sticks / stOnes / flora lytes We will have tons of glow sticks at the wedding. It's a thing with us
    Wedding Countdown Ticker ~~December Sept. 2013 Siggy Challenge~~ Now & Then Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I am doing my own centerpieces as well but we are using string that has been wrapped around a balloon sprayed with starch and then the balloon popped, then one or 2 flowers tucked in it. We are also using jars bowls with water, shells, sand, and floating candles to cut down on the flower cost.
    The Future Mrs. Burleson Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • my wedding is in alabama and i live in maryland 

so i am not doing centerpeices and the flowers will be silk i am allergic to basically air lol 
    i plan to diy them.... 
    "Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards