New Jersey

Anyone spin?

My first class starts in 45 minutes and I'm scared!
Anniversary Photobucket

Re: Anyone spin?

• Danes983Danes983 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bring water and a towel. I love spin.  :) Have fun
  • edited December 2011
    I've done it, it's not so scary. Just go early and find someone in the class or ask the instructor to help set you up on the bike and adjust it to your size. I found that to be the hardest part. 

I didn't love it but I think it's because the bike's aren't really made for people as short as me (5'0) and I felt like I couldn't reach the handlebars that great. 

It's a great workout though! 
  • kristen8040kristen8040 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Don't be scared!

Tell the instructor you're new so they can give you pointers along the way.

If you ever feel tired during a climb or you have too much resistance on, don't be afraid to take it easy and sit down.  Just because the instructor says turn the knob 10 times does not mean you have to.

Your butt will hurt, if you like the class you might want to eventually look into getting bike shorts so you have the padding.  Also, depending on the bikes at the class, you can get spin shoes which will make your workout much more worthwhile.   

Most of all, have fun!
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker imageimage
  • kellybee83kellybee83 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good luck!  It's fun, but totally kicks your butt!  I haven't taken a spinning class in a long time, it probably would be a good idea to help me get in shape for my wedding!
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I love taking spin classes I take a class 2 days a week it's a great workout. 
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • smw42smw42 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So I'm reporting back and I'm alive! The instructor was super nice and since it's a lunchtime class there were only four of us. She helped me set up the bike and it really helped that her and I are the same height so she knew exactly where to set it. I'm not extremely sore yet but we'll see what tomorrow morning brings! They also do 15 minutes of ab work at the end on the matt and that kicked my butt more than the spinning! Thanks for all the advice ladies!!
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • jchristeljchristel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your girls parts might hurt if you did any seated sprints!
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards