Snarky Brides

Civilian Grievances?

Any non-knot related grievances go here.

If no one else participates, I'll just be in here bitching. :)

Re: Civilian Grievances?

• I'd be pissed too Nebb. Does he just not feel like going there? I'd be tempted to pull him by the ear adn make him go.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_civilian-grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7d703127-094d-43f5-8c3e-1677f0f7d419Post:f3226c29-f738-4111-8511-62655b2a80b8">Re: Civilian Grievances?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Despite my complaining for months about wanting new billy bookcases for various things around the house (id like atleast 2 more), and getting an email lastnight from ikea informing us that TODAY ONLY billy bookcases are on sale for like 40$ cheaper than normal, my husband STILL will not drive out to ikea with me to get them despite the fact that we have an ikea gift card and everything. I am very annoyed with this right now because i want my effing bookcases.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

Can you get the sale price if you order online?
    imageimage
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_civilian-grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:7d703127-094d-43f5-8c3e-1677f0f7d419Post:018a46be-926b-4233-9661-2c4973064d66">Re: Civilian Grievances?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Civilian Grievances? : I'm a little jealous. I love being snowed in
    Posted by JenGin74[/QUOTE]

Want to come drink cocoa with me? I'm watching Buffy and starting a fire. :D
  • AnysunriseAnysunrise member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2010
    This chick I went to high school with married this guy she talked to on the phone for a week (he's from Wisconsin). She's been able to fly back and forth, staying for months at a time for the last like, 3 years.

I hate her. I hate her so much.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_civilian-grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7d703127-094d-43f5-8c3e-1677f0f7d419Post:56df90bd-84c0-4e08-b582-84fd9b26eae0">Re: Civilian Grievances?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Civilian Grievances? : For some reason I thought these two were related (your job wasn't allowing you coffee) and I just got unreasonably upset for you. I need more coffee. *Waves* Hi JenGin! How are you feeling? Besides needing coffee like a mofo.
    Posted by reddy123[/QUOTE]

Hi Reddy!!

I'm not allowed to have more than one cup of coffee per day with the meds I'm taking and I have a two pot per day habit.

If my job wouldn't let me have coffee I think that would justify me quitting  :)

What's new with you?
    imageimage
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_civilian-grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7d703127-094d-43f5-8c3e-1677f0f7d419Post:75a1deda-3a0a-461e-aab5-3741f4c422ef">Re: Civilian Grievances?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'd be pissed too Nebb. Does he just not feel like going there? I'd be tempted to pull him by the ear adn make him go.
    Posted by jasmineh7777[/QUOTE]
    "hes sick" is his 1st reason, and "I didnt want to go on my first day off" is the 2nd one. IM SICK TOO and he has THREE days off this week, two of which the freaking store will be CLOSED. Stupid excuses as far as im concerned, hes just being a turd. I told him that he can cover the extra 40$ we WONT be saving when we go another time, which is a pretty empty threat  but its all ive really got right now. I SWEAR when he gets paid for that hardcover I am SOOOOOOO getting a shopping spree at ikea and buying all the full price bookcases I want!
  • I have a grievance with my FI. He bought me a dress makers form for Christmas. It was what I really wanted, but he bought it in sizes 16-22. I am a size 10-12. Honest mistake on his part, he saw medium and thought it would work. That's not the problem. The problem is that we had to send it back to Amazon. When I asked if he had ordered a new one or planned on getting one from a local store he said he wasn't ordering another one because he spent $200 on the puppy. I loves the puppy, but if that's the case, just don't give me the gift. I would have been fine with just the puppy as a gift (which we got on the 21st) and not give me the dress form. Don't give the form then take it back. He is a meanie. 
    20130105_202820-1_zps07580b43 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_civilian-grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7d703127-094d-43f5-8c3e-1677f0f7d419Post:86b29fe5-359d-408a-ba89-b90205b82d34">Re: Civilian Grievances?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Civilian Grievances? : Can you get the sale price if you order online?
    Probably could but the shipping would probably negate the amount we would save. Ikea raelly rapes you on shipping.
  • BF has decided he wants the pasta attachment for his KitchenAid mixer for his birthday. 

Only thing is, I found the cologne he asked for, and bought it when it was on sale before Christmas.  He's getting the cologne for his birthday, and he's going to like it.

And the attachment costs as much as the mixer.  I've created a monster. A very expensive, creative monster that will ruin my New Year diet before I start it.

I had a grievance about work, but I just got handed a check for the vacation time I didn't use, so it kinda made me forget.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_civilian-grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:7d703127-094d-43f5-8c3e-1677f0f7d419Post:1370110b-3fd7-4fff-9bb9-2aeb375846a4">Re: Civilian Grievances?</a>:
    [QUOTE]  Why aren't you plowing? There is a good 3 ft of snow already with more coming. This happens every winter. I promise to pay more taxes if you promise to plow more.

Ahh...just this...and static cling from the damn cold and going into the heat. We had 30 inches of snow..and no friggin plow. I pay $8 to go over a damn bridge every day and they cannot afford to pay people to plow???? Seriously! WTF!
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I feel compelled to show you all the snow.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_civilian-grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7d703127-094d-43f5-8c3e-1677f0f7d419Post:7b090321-d0c9-45c7-a0ad-197d57f3953c">Re: Civilian Grievances?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Civilian Grievances? : Want to come drink cocoa with me? I'm watching Buffy and starting a fire. :D

Yes please. Can we snuggle and then take a nap too?
    imageimage
  • Ikea is pure heaven, provided you go  on a week day. 90% of all of our stuff is from ikea.
  • Oh my lord, Jas. Your poor dog looks like he's swimming in the snow.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_civilian-grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7d703127-094d-43f5-8c3e-1677f0f7d419Post:2082cda9-e05f-451b-9a55-3b949594cb32">Re: Civilian Grievances?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Civilian Grievances? : Probably could but the shipping would probably negate the amount we would save. Ikea raelly rapes you on shipping.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

I always forget about shipping. That sucks.
    imageimage
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_civilian-grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:7d703127-094d-43f5-8c3e-1677f0f7d419Post:d3dd52f9-221a-4f83-be49-0a7df7dd64ec">Re: Civilian Grievances?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ikea is pure heaven, provided you go  on a week day. 90% of all of our stuff is from ikea.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

I love Ikea. I wish I had teh monies to spend there.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_civilian-grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:7d703127-094d-43f5-8c3e-1677f0f7d419Post:0a182e5f-1767-4ce0-8594-b1db2d67255f">Re: Civilian Grievances?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm ticked at the concierge for saying they'd make our NYE dinner reservation for us but when FI followed up with them, they hadn't done it.  And now the restaurant we want to eat at is booked.  We'll probably end up at Taco Bell on Friday night.  And from the posts about IKEA, I should probably be ticked that we don't have one.  I<strong>'ve never even seen one. 
    </strong>Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

Ditto.  I just went to BBB for the first time like two weeks ago.  There's nothing here.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • TIn Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_civilian-grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7d703127-094d-43f5-8c3e-1677f0f7d419Post:d3dd52f9-221a-4f83-be49-0a7df7dd64ec">Re: Civilian Grievances?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ikea is pure heaven, provided you go  on a week day. 90% of all of our stuff is from ikea.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]
    Truer words were never spoken.  I just introduced Nathan to Ikea a few weeks ago and I really thought he had found heaven. 

But you need an entire morning to devote to that shiit, which is my grievance with Ikea.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_civilian-grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:7d703127-094d-43f5-8c3e-1677f0f7d419Post:a8ebb5ab-e635-48f5-a972-9799bcb646f8">Re: Civilian Grievances?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh my lord, Jas. Your poor dog looks like he's swimming in the snow.
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]

She wasn't too happy about it, that's for sure.

Grievance #47  I can't stand one set of grandparents. Like, I think I want to cut them out of my life entirely.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_civilian-grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7d703127-094d-43f5-8c3e-1677f0f7d419Post:4f224a37-ac13-40de-898c-60768fcb69f9">Re: Civilian Grievances?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Civilian Grievances? : Hi Reddy!! I'm not allowed to have more than one cup of coffee per day with the meds I'm taking and<strong> I have a two pot per day habit. If my job wouldn't let me have coffee I think that would justify me quitting</strong>  :) What's new with you?

<div>This is me too. At work we have these huge 3-5 gallon drum coffee makers that I 'manage' all day. I really just took them over so no one notices how much coffee I drink and how many times I start it up again. And I clean them all the time because I hate a dirty coffee maker, one of my pet peeves. I can't drink coffee at my mom's house or H's grandma's house, blegh.</div><div>
    </div><div>In other news, I got a blender for Christmas and have been making margaritas for three days straight. I got special coconut-lime salt to go on the glasses and everything, and we had a mini holiday get together with cheddar beer fondue and it was fab. We decided to have a fondue board game night at least once a month. Yay, I love playing hostess.</div>
    Photobucket
  • My dresser, which ive had for nearly 11 years has only just started falling apart within the last year, the drawers cave in if i have too many clothes in them and it keepts sinking forward (I think thats more my carpet than the dresser). I want to replace it with this

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_civilian-grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:7d703127-094d-43f5-8c3e-1677f0f7d419Post:d3dd52f9-221a-4f83-be49-0a7df7dd64ec">Re: Civilian Grievances?</a>:
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

Ahh...LOVE Ikea! Agree a weekday is a must because it is a huge labyrinth and you could get lost for days!
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We want that one, Nebb!

JCB, no!  Ikea is heaven.  It sells weird Swedish food, in a little market area, and has a hot food court-type deal, but it's mainly just furniture.  It's liek the furniture section of Target, on steroids.
  • Oh man, I need a new dresser SO BAD (wood chips in the clothes) and I love that, Nebb. I could use two of those. H keeps saying he'll bring me to Ikea.
    Photobucket
  • Ikea has the bestfuckingrestaurant!! their sweedish meatballs are todiefor. and so cheap! They sell some of their swedish food in the cash area, or in the cafeteria, but its mostly a home stuff store - bedroom, livingroom, office, kitchen, etc. They ahve stuff at ALL pricepoints too.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_civilian-grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:7d703127-094d-43f5-8c3e-1677f0f7d419Post:e773ac80-dc12-42f8-9520-429aa1d99f5c">Re: Civilian Grievances?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Civilian Grievances? : Unless we leave the first gtg really early, I dont think there will be time :) We will have to go before you move though. I want to go very soon regardless because of the gift card so im game, and I know numbers has wanted to go too.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

Well, I'm staying in Toronto until Tuesday, so if you wanna go Monday night or something, I'm down =D
  • Ugh, Sesh, he sounds like a total douche.  Even when you expect it from someone, it still hurts, especially when they're hurting the people you love. I wish diarrhea upon him.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_civilian-grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7d703127-094d-43f5-8c3e-1677f0f7d419Post:fa5dfe71-496c-475b-bdf2-eb0a5620276c">Re: Civilian Grievances?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Civilian Grievances? : This is me too. At work we have these huge 3-5 gallon drum coffee makers that I 'manage' all day. I really just took them over so no one notices how much coffee I drink and how many times I start it up again. And I clean them all the time because I hate a dirty coffee maker, one of my pet peeves. I can't drink coffee at my mom's house or H's grandma's house, blegh. In other news, I got a blender for Christmas and have been making margaritas for three days straight. I got special coconut-lime salt to go on the glasses and everything, and we had a mini holiday get together with cheddar beer fondue and it was fab. We decided to have a fondue board game night at least once a month. Yay, I love playing hostess.
    Posted by reddy123[/QUOTE]

Cheddar beer fondue is just about the greatest mouth sensation evah!
    imageimage
  • I have a grievance with Ben.  We've been working on our stupid wedding thank yous for a while (don't invite 500 people to a wedding.  It's a stupid, stupid thing to do), and when I say that WE have been doing them, I actually mean that I have been doing them.  I don't have a problem with doing them but the other day Ben had a day off and said he would do some.  I got all excited.  Turns out he got distracted and played his new Kinect games instead.  WTF, Ben!?  I love you.  But eff.

Also I have a grievance with the snow storms that are going to pound us in the next few days.  My married sister is going to be a bridesmaid in a close friend's wedding on Saturday, and I just feel bad for the bride since I believe the storms will cause a lot of people to not show up.  Sad.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_civilian-grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7d703127-094d-43f5-8c3e-1677f0f7d419Post:79fed4f3-8d91-432d-af16-5de6199f0f41">Re: Civilian Grievances?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Civilian Grievances? : Well, I'm staying in Toronto until Tuesday, so if you wanna go Monday night or something, I'm down =D
    Posted by Anysunrise[/QUOTE]
    Monday is my first day back at work after 10 days off, and I have a crazy notion that I will end up staying late to deal with stuff because it seems like shiit keeps hitting the fan the longer we are gone :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards