New York-Hudson Valley

Brotherhood Winery

Has anyone had their reception here?

Would you do it agan? I have 220 people on my list!

Help!!

Re: Brotherhood Winery

• Beautiful place. I've been there twice but never for a wedding. The place is great. And the staff is so nice! Cocktail hour in the tasting room?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Green Tree Country Club

New Rochelle, NY

• I looked into it for my fall 2013 wedding and a co-worker of mine was married there this past year.  They raved about it and loved it.  I loved it as well, however it turned out to be far too pricey for us.  They have a very high site fee, plus you have to bring in your own caterer, linens, etc.  I think the only thing they provide is the table and chairs.
  • I recently tried to contact the person in charge of booking weddings, Donny, multiple times and still have yet to hear back from him.  I gave up on trying to find out any information on this venue because if it that difficult to respond with a first contact, that doesnt give me a good feeling on what it would be like to work with these people to plan my wedding. If you get him to respond to you, I did hear that it is a very nice place for a wedding, so good luck!
  • I was recently at Brotherhood Winery for a wedding. I was the Maid of Honor. I must say, though the scenery and winery itself was beautiful, the service was by far one of the worst I've ever experience. 

Donny was rude and completely inappropriate.

Originally the bride was given the option to change her outfits during the reception in the tasting room. He never mentioned to us that there would be a video camera in there. It was only after she had changed into her second outfit with the help of 3 bridesmaid that he made a comment to OUR FRIEND who was assisting in coordinating some of the details in the wedding. Donny said that he JUST remembered that there were surveillance cameras in the wine tasting room and that Hernando (security guy) was upstairs watching.  Donny laughed and then jokingly said to that he was going to watch it later.  Who would say something like that?? About the bride on her wedding day no less??? This is also a complete violation of privacy!!! 

Needless to say I will be telling ALL my female friends to make sure they never book this place for their wedding and I'll be sure to get the word out about this particular incident as well. 
  • edited January 2013

What a beautiful place!!! I first came here a few years ago for a friend's wedding before the grand hall was open. The wedding was outside on the patio under a tent with lights, a dance floor and beautiful décor.  That night it wasn't hard to figure out that Donny was the brotherhood winery person in charge. It was raining out that night and for like an hour he and the nice woman that was working with him that night walked elderly guests over to the tent with umbrellas from the parking lot.  Very classy and courteous. Being recently engaged at that time I approached him with a quick general question or two.  He was very nice and accommodating, spent a few minutes with us and even snuck us into the grand hall and talked about future weddings.  He gave us his card and asked us to call him when we were ready.  We called Donny a year later and made an appointment and WOW!!! The grand hall had turned out exactly as he described it, it's like being in a beautiful castle.  We booked that day and he even let us put the deposit on our credit card.  He found us a caterer, band, florist and even a girl who coordinated our deliveries and pick-ups the day before and day after. He also found us a local hotel for like 80 guests with a bus so none of our out of town guests had to drive. He probably would have booked the rooms for us if we had asked him to but we didn't. :-)  This past fall was my wedding and once again WOW! This   place just continues to get better. New outdoor lanterns and lighting starting at the entrance of the winery all the way to the grand hall, really nice landscaping and an amazing stone fountain in the middle of the patio, the winery owners are doing an amazing job.  My wedding was so beautiful and perfect and my family and friends all continue to talk about it.  One of my girlfriends has since booked her wedding there and so I can't wait to go back for my third time!  Thank you brotherhood winery and especially Donny - you were awesome!!!

• edited March 2013
    My now husband and I were married here in July 2011. We had a 375 person wedding and were given use of the entire grounds for both wedding and reception. We were onsite from 9am till roughly 1am. This was all before the hall was completed so the entire wedding was held outdoors (wedding on mansion lawn, cocktail in tasting room/patio area  and reception on patio under the stars). The staff was incredibly helpful (especially Kathleen and Juan). I know all the girls on here have their fair share of issues with Donny and I'm no exception, however the only way to deal with him is to have an aggressive male (in my case my husband, brother-in-law and father) call him out on the things he doesn't come through on and lies about. It also helps to have an event planner that manages and deals with him on the day of the wedding as well. I have to admit that Donny was definitely the least favorite part of the my planning process BUT don't let that turn you away from an amazing venue. Honestly, just try to work as closely as you can with Kathleen. Best of luck ladies! Smile
  • kantona2kantona2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2013
    How much did it coat to rent the brotherhood winery for a wedding reception? Is it a set price or does it go by number of guests... We're at around 130 guests... I love the venue and I'm hooked on it I just need opinions on pricing!!! Thank you!!
  • Hi ladies!
    I'm actually getting married at Brotherhood September 2014! I have approximately 140 guests. For the site fee, I believe it's about $6500 and since we have to bring in our own caterer (she will take care of food, rentals and bar) it's costing about $15,000.
    Good luck!
  • What carter are you going with?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards