April 2013 Weddings

Honeymoon

Have you started research or booked your honeymoon yet?

Where are you and FI going?

We would like to do all inclusive...our top three places to go right now are Aruba (FIs sister and BIL, and brother and SIL all honeymooned there, and my mom and dad used to vacation there alll the time... I here nothing but great reviews), domincan republic (FYI the knot would not let me post the actual place because of the first word which I dont think is vulgar at all...(based on reviews from friends) and Jamaica(my sis and BIL honeymooned at a sandals resort).
148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
RSVP Deadline: March 8
Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Honeymoon

• We are going to Rome for 10 days maybe will do a day or two in Florence, pretty much have it all planned out and just need to book an apartment and plane tickets. Neither of us likes to sit around on vacation and FI wouldn't want to sit on a beach at all and doesn't like any watersports so that ruled out a lot of places right off the bat. I'm really excited since I'm a history and art geek and we are getting some pro pictures done in front of the Colloseum, I think they have potential to be cooler than some of our wedding pics. Although the best part of our honeymoon is that the FILs are paying for it we would never have been able to afford anything like this on our own.  
    Visit The Nest!  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We are going to Maui, HI!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    110 Invited! image | 65 Have their dancing shoes ready! image | 35 Don't wanna dance. image | 10 Must still be looking for their dancing shoes! image
    RSVP Deadline: February 28th
  • we cant decide

idea 1- fly into san fran drive down the coast to cali..and then end up in vegas

idea 2- bahamas (always wanted to go to Atlantis- anyone been there?)

idea 3- italy either almalfi coast or a travel around type deal

not sure if I want the total lay around at the beach.it depends if we go right after the wedding because I may want just a week to relax, but if we have to wait a few months until school is out I may want a little more adventure..

has anyone done the trip to san fran drive down the coast?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We already books our week long cruise down through the carribean.  :) Hes never been on a cruise before an I like that food and such is included. We have the week after we get married to make sure everbody got paid and has what they need before we head out of country 
  • I LOVED our cruise (we stopped in Grand Cayman, Costa Maya Mexico, Honduras, and Belize) as well as my visit to Hawaii.  And I'm SUPER jealous about that Italy trip - it sounds phenomenal!

We're doing a destination wedding, so that sort of IS our honeymoon.  We'll stay in Savannah for a few days after the wedding and then we're driving up to Charleston, SC (FI's choice) for a few days.  We'll have our daughter with us, so I'm calling it our Familymoon.  lol  Thank goodness for 2 bedroom suites!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
    20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8th
  • ^ I think TK ate my post about Savannah before, ChiGIrl, but where are you getting married there?  FI and I LOVE LOVE LOVE Savannah.  I actually kinda wanted a DW there but I knew my dad couldn't ever make it.

We have to go in the summer since we both teach, so all of the tropical destinations are out (FI and I both have issues breathing in heat & humidity).  Ireland/England is our #1 choice, followed by San Francisco/Napa Valley.  I also told him I'd be a-OK with any other spot in Europe since we'll likely never have a chance to go again.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're getting married in front of the Forsyth Park fountain.  I'm kind of worried about the noise, but I emailed our coordinator about renting wireless microphones and speakers.  I want everyone to be able to hear us.  :-) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
    20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8th
  • we keep going back and forth between Maui or the big island in Hawaii.  If we can't make up our minds soon, we might be doing 5 days in each.. 

Follow Me on Pinterest

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_honeymoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:f6cd9970-be6a-4b18-847f-e7df546a6781Post:7434cb7d-3ee1-43f1-b4fe-1e8c1bbcb6f0">Re: Honeymoon</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're getting married in front of the Forsyth Park fountain.  I'm kind of worried about the noise, but I emailed our coordinator about renting wireless microphones and speakers.  I want everyone to be able to hear us.  :-) 
    Posted by ChiGirl2013[/QUOTE]

<div>So jealous.  That's so beautiful there!  Where is your reception at?  </div>
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're having a destination wedding in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico so that will also be our honeymoon.

Anniversary
  • We were talking about going to Europe but felt like we'd want to do too much and would feel rushed instead of relaxed.  Before we got engaged we teased about Hawaii because neither of us have ever been- but my take is it's super touristy and I could envision bringing a family there.  I want to go somewhere that I will probably never go again, somewhere I'd never bring kids..  a place that's specifically romantic.  We casually brought up Tahiti (supposedly pretty expensive) to his parents who seemed totally fine with it sooo maybe!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • vk2204vk2204 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

Gah, I am so jealous of you guys! FI and I aren't going on a honeymoon.

Christine, are you going to p*nta cana? I giggled when I read what you wrote about it not being vulgar. We can say other very bad things, but not that.

• jls522jls522 member
    First Anniversary First Comment

We booked our weeklong Eastern Caribbean cruise last month. FI has been on a number of cruises and I've never been so I'm looking forward to it!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Vk--P*nta Cana is #3 on our list and that is the one that the knot would not let me post!! haha,so weird!!! My cousin told me not to go to p*nta cana because  there is not much to... FI and I need to talk to a travel agent. I think it will def. be Aruba or Jamaica... I have heard great things about the sandals resorts as well as secrets wild orchid in montego bay.
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I havent done a lot of travel to all inclusive- island-beach resort type places...but id love to find one that has nightly entertainment at the venue...who is good for that? sandals?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm going to Sandals Halcyon Beach in January.. 3 months before the wedding!!! LOL prices were much cheaper, and it was planned before the wedding. woops. But I can't wait to try out that all inclusive place! So our honeymoon is going to be a mini-moon to Disneyland, CA Adventure, and Venice Beach/Santa Monica. I can't wait, I love DLand and FI hasn't been for 20 years, and neither of us have been to CA Adventure!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are plannig to do a Mediteranean cruise, specifically Italy and Greece.  Have narrowed it down to two itineraries and will most likely put our deposit next week on our cabin... eek!  Neither of us have been to Europe before and FI is not the beachy type since we went to an AI last year and it was too sunny/hot for him.
  • Still up in the air as to whether we'll have one. All depends on how much we have leftover after paying for the wedding. If we do get to do it, we'll probably stay within the USA and do a roadtrip. Not sure where tho. I'm not a major beach or watersports person...nor am I a big city kind of person. I think something out west or maybe even Seattle would be absolutely beautiful! Any recommendations?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    So ready to bring our families together and PARTY on April 13th, 2013!
    image 225 Invited
    image 53 Are ready to party!
    image 18 Will be missing out!
    image 154 Are MIA!
    Reply requested by March 23.
  • We are going to Dominican Republic for 8 days. Already booked and looking forward to it. Will definitely need it after all the planning craze.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • First off... Congrats fellow Brides!!! I can't decide if I'm more excited about getting married or spending some much anticapated alone time with my Groom on our honeymoon! ; We are getting married on April 11th, 2013 and we will be leaving for our honeymoon immediately after the reception. We will go to Disney's Magic Kingdom on the 12th, then we will drive to Ft. Lauderdale on the 13th to board Royal Caribbeans "Oasis of the seas" for a 7 night cruise to the western Caribbean! We live near Tallahassee so the drive time will only be 7 hours for us.. Road trip! I can not wait to be his bride!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards