Iowa-Quad Cities

Lets have a get to know you thread

Kinda slow around here and I know there are lots of QC brides! I didn't see any recent threads about dates, etc. so lets start one!

1. Name (or nickname if you prefer)
2. Wedding date
3. Where are you in the planning process (ie. just starting out, vendors booked but no plans in place, down to the details, panic mode!)?
4. How long have you and your FI been together?
5. Thing about your wedding you're most excited about (its OK to be superficial here Tongue out)

Re: Lets have a get to know you thread

• hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Hi, I'm married, but I check over here to see what's going on.

1. Name (or nickname if you prefer): HZ
    2. Wedding date 10/16/10
    3. Where are you in the planning process (ie. just starting out, vendors booked but no plans in place, down to the details, panic mode!)? Getting excited for our one year anniversary
    4. How long have you and your FI been together? 10/16/11 it'll be 12 years (we got married on our 11 yr dating anniversary)
    5. Thing about your wedding you're most excited about: I loved the flow of our day (we did everything at the same venue)
  • edited December 2011
    1. Name (or nickname if you prefer) - Katy

2. Wedding date - June 8th, 2013

3. Where are you in the planning process (ie. just starting out, vendors booked but no plans in place, down to the details, panic mode!)? - We are in the saving money/researching stage, we have our locations narrowed down but havent booked anything quite yet.

4. How long have you and your FI been together? - FI and I have been together about a year and a half. 

5. Thing about your wedding you're most excited about - Most excited about finally being married (we will have been engaged for over 2 years when we tie the knot) and celelbrating that fact with all our friends and family. 
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • sweetv2bsweetv2b member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great idea!! This board needs some excitement ;)

1. Name  - Chelsea
    2. Wedding date - 10/13/2012
    3. Where are you in the planning process  - Got some of the big vendors picked - venue, photog, officiant...working on the dj and cake now, then the florist! A little nervous about finding a dress, and about bridesmaids dresses. I have a vague idea of the colors I'm going for, but I feel like until I see the girls in dresses, it's not really set yet!
    4. How long have you and your FI been together? 5 yrs
    5. Thing about your wedding you're most excited about? I love our venues, I just hope the weather cooperates cause it's an outdoor ceremony!

Thanks for the fun post! Where ARE all the QC brides?!
  • edited December 2011
    1. Name  - Caitlin
    2. Wedding date - 5/18/13
    3. Where are you in the planning process  - Just researching things now- but know where we want the rehearsal dinner, ceremony, reception, etc. Need to start booking just to be safe! 
    4. How long have you and your FI been together? 1 1/2 years!
    5. Thing about your wedding you're most excited about? Being married to my best friend and sharing the day with our family and friends
  • edited December 2011
    Weaseling in on the QC brides, I'm actually in IC - but close enough!
    1. Name - Marcy
    2. Wedding date - 4/21/2012
    3. Where are you in the planning process - Got engaged a week and a half ago so have some ideas decided upon but absolutely 0% of it booked.
    4. How long have you and your FI been together? 4 1/2 years
    5. Thing about your wedding you're most excited about? It's our second wedding for both of us and we both had small informal receptions the first time. (not that there's a problem with that!) This time we both look forward to celebrating with dinner, drinks, dancing and a whole lotta fun!  Well, that and the fact that I'm marrying the right guy this time ♥
  • edited December 2011
    Guess I never answered my own question.

I'm married too (glad I'm not the only one who hangs around! lol). Truth is thenest and thebum are blocked at work but for whatever reason theknot is not, so I peruse the boards every now and then. I'm a planner so I love reading about the ideas and venues everyone is using!

1. Name (or nickname if you prefer): Ashly
    2. Wedding date: 07-07-07
    3. Where are you in the planning process (ie. just starting out, vendors booked but no plans in place, down to the details, panic mode!)?  All done! Celebrated our 4th anniversary this year.
    4. How long have you and your FI been together? 7 years (wow time flies)
    5. Thing about your wedding you're most excited about (its OK to be superficial here Tongue out) Well it's been a while, but I LOVED our venue and the flow of events. We got married outdoors at the Hampton Heritage Center and had the reception inside. It was beautiful and we got so many compliments. I loved that it wasn't well known and hadn't been used 1000 times.
  • edited December 2011
    1. Lyndsey
    2. 10/13/2012
    3. I am just starting
    4. We've been together for 1 year
    5. I am excited to just dance with my hubby to be 
  • JoanerMarieJoanerMarie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just saw this thread and thought I'd respond even though I'm a month or so late!
    1. Name (or nickname if you prefer) Joan
    2. Wedding date: June 2, 2012
    3. Where are you in the planning process (ie. just starting out, vendors booked but no plans in place, down to the details, panic mode!)? I think I pretty much have everything booked.  Just ordered save the dates.  Planning to order our invites in a month or so!
    4. How long have you and your FI been together? Over 7 years!
    5. Thing about your wedding you're most excited about Walking down the aisle to my future husband! I'm going to be an emotional mess, but it will be the most special moment. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_iowa-quad-cities_lets-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:93Discussion:ad29b172-fd50-43f0-8d9b-65d1d5dd4f49Post:0a931166-6540-44c2-b557-7168bb73bcbd">Re: Lets have a get to know you thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just saw this thread and thought I'd respond even though I'm a month or so late! 1. Name (or nickname if you prefer)  Joan 2. Wedding date: June 2, 2012 3. Where are you in the planning process (ie. just starting out, vendors booked but no plans in place, down to the details, panic mode!)?  I think I pretty much have everything booked.  Just ordered save the dates.  Planning to order our invites in a month or so! 4. How long have you and your FI been together? Over 7 years! 5. Thing about your wedding you're most excited about Walking down the aisle to my future husband! I'm going to be an emotional mess, but it will be the most special moment. :)
    Posted by JoanerMarie[/QUOTE]

I'm still reading :)

Exciting to be at that point when you have the big stuff booked and are down to the details. Where are you having your ceremony/reception?
  • 1. Name: Mads
    2. Wedding date: 6.20.11
    3. Where are you in the planning process: Finished! :)
    4. How long have you and your FI been together? Sept. 2007 <3
    5. Thing about your wedding you're most excited about: To marry my best friend in beautiful Hawaii!!!!!!!!!
  • 1. Name -melissa
    2. Wedding date- Aug.17,2013
    3. Where are you in the planning process-2 months into planning, some vendors booked
     4. How long have you and your FI been together?-3 years this july
    5. Thing about your wedding you're most excited about -Having my best friend become my husband, and our families uniting as one.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards