Illinois

VENDOR SUGGESTIONS NEEDED: Photographer, DJ and Florist!

HEY!

I know there are a ton of boards out there but with dial up internet it takes forever to get through them and they aren't always what I'm looking for.  I'm getting married at the Hyatt Lodge in Oak Brook Illinois in January 2011.  My fiance and I really need to find and book a photographer and dj and florist asap.  We want someone who will take tradiational but mostly photojournalistic pictures.  As for a DJ we want someone who will keep the dance floor packed all night long.  The flowers will be a minimum in the woodsy inspired wedding so that is the least of my worries right now. 

My fiance and I are paying for everything ourselves and just graduated college so the budget is tight so anyone that is BUDGET FRIENDLY and in the area would be much appreciated.  With so many options, word of mouth suggestions and reviews would be super helpful.  THANKS!!

Re: VENDOR SUGGESTIONS NEEDED: Photographer, DJ and Florist!

• edited December 2011
    Our wedding is in Addison, but most vendors are able to go to most cities.  Here's who we are using:

Florist-Catherine's Garden-708.535.6400-Ask for Julie, she is wonderful!

DJ-Admit One Djs-877.423.6481

Photographer- Bella Pictures-888.556.7590

Good Luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Booked Gotta Dance DJs...Had to have them, I saw them at my cousin's wedding and they were AWSOME. They are not on TK but on weddingwire.com...here's the link 

Photographer: Emory Photography on TK.
    Florist: Artisty Flowers
  • edited December 2011
    I would not recommend my DJ and my photographer was from Milwaukee (DH's uncles company) however, my flowers were from Phillips in Downers Grove and were amazing! I worked there in high school and knew I would use them, but they went beyond what i expected. Ask for Pat, she is the manager there.

~Erin~
    proud pagan
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • AnnaScarlettAnnaScarlett member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey there.

I am new but I loved our photographer!  Her website is http://allisonmayer.com and her prices are extremely reasonable.  $200-$1000 I think.

Anna
  • edited December 2011
    I have found THEE best photographers in the world! It's a husband and wife team. Google Gina and Tony Photography and you will get to their website. They are also on facebook. I love them! they do beautiful work! They are a little pricy but it's well worth it. They are based out of Chicago.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I would like to second Catherines Gardens.  Julie is WONDERFUL!  We were quoted a price 1/3 of what another florist quoted us for exactly the same thing.  She was kind helpful and patient.  If you're looking to book a limo check out Absolute Dream Limo.  They partner with Catherine's and you'll get a discount on flowers if you book both. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

As far as great deals My photographer was a woman named Raquel she was great charged 600.00   Her Email is raquelsavoy@gmail.com she has great package deals.

Our d.j.company was Creative sounds chicago we got a discount for mentioning the knot. The d.j.email
    info@creativesoundschicago.com

Laughing

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards