Registry and Gift Forum
Options

C&B Registry Question

I just registered the end on February & made sure not to pick anything on sale/seasonal since our shower isn't until June. However, today I got a postcard in the mail saying our martini glasses are being discontinued. However, they have yet to go on sale. Does C&B usually give you a lot of notice or do you think they will be discontinued very soon?
Photobucket

Re: C&B Registry Question

• Options
    We registered for the temptation martini glasses and they are being discontinued.  I received a bunch for my shower but went to the store to stock up on a few more just in case some of the ones we have break - FI LOVES them - while we were there they told us that there weren't many in the warehouses but there were lots in the store we were in.  I would think they would go fairly quickly.  They are very popular and everyone who registered for them received that notice.  But I have no idea when they'll go on sale so I can't help there.
  • Options
    We were having an issue too with a lot of stuff getting discontinued from C&B and we never got any notices until recently. We just kept an eye on the registry, and my mom got us a few things that were about to disappear. Recently we've started receiving emails about items that were about to be discontinued, sometimes those items are on sale and sometimes they're not, and I don't understand how that works.

I've had luck finding some things that were discontinued at the C&B outlet site so you could check there too if there are items you and your FI had your hearts set on and they're gone.

http://www.crateandbarrel.com/outlet/

Another thing is when you find that an item you had selected is being discontinued do a search for something similar. A lot of times, they're discontinued because they have a new updated version of that item. I've had to replace the Parker Bowl set twice now.. they just keep updating that set and I love them! HTH! :0)
  • Options
    I registered for the Tate martini glasses and got that notice too. My mom wanted to know what to get me for my birthday in May, and I said, "Something off the registry" so I might just ask her to get those!
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards