Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Ketubah

My FSIL has generously offered to buy us a ketubah as a wedding gift. She told us to just pick one we like. I know nothing about them, and as I'm looking online, I'm seeing that they run anywhere from $80 to $500. Obviously we're not going to pick the most expensive one...should we just make sure we pick one closer to the lower end? Or should I ask FMIL what they "usually" cost? Or ask google? 

Re: Ketubah

• Options
    Sylvia - of course the ones that catch my eye are more expensive lol. There are plenty of pretty ones that are less expensive though.

TXKristan - I will do that. I just posted it here because I figured it could apply to any situation where someone says, "just pick one" in regards to a gift. 

• Options
    The one I've fallen in love with is quite pricey. I would suggest getting a price range if possible from FSIL. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker whatshouldwecallweddings.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Salsera29Salsera29 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited February 2013
    Thanks ladies! It seems the general idea from most of you is to "subtly fish" for what general price point we should stick to. I will work on that!

ETA: sp
  • Options
    Definitely ask what price range to shop in.  It would break your heart to just guess and pick something that they'll have to awkwardly back out of.  And it'll probably make them not feel awesome either.

Btw, post a picture of it here once it's done!  I love seeing them, they're SO gorgeous!
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Options
    My aunts offered to buy our ketubah for us and told us to pick one out.  I did lots of searching and found one that I love at about $500.  I emailed them a link and said that I wasn't sure what they were comfortable with spending but that we would be happy to pay for any portion if it was out of their price range. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    That is so lovely that she offered! I hope someone does that for us :)
    Definitely post a pic and link of the one you choose -
    BB
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards