Catholic Weddings

* Calypso *

re: first confession post

I stated that there were two commnandments that were the most important and really the base for the rest.  You asked why I replied the two that were the most important.  (I also included the Seven Deadly Sins but we all know those)

Jesus was the one who said they were the most important, I didn't make that up ;)

Matthew 22:36

{Jesus}  Which is the greatest Commandment according to the Law and He said "You shall love the Lord, your God, with all of your heart and with all of your soul and with all of your mind.  This is the First Commandment.  And the second is like it, you shall love thy neighbor as yourself."  On these two commandments depend all the law and prophets.

OT : I believe it's Ex:31:18 that says almost the same thing but obviously not Jesus speaking.

I could be off a verse or two but I remember the letters of Matthew in the NT.

hth

Re: * Calypso *

• Calypso1977Calypso1977 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    huh, interesting!  i was never taught that, but my catechism was not as bible focused as others received.  fortunately, my husband is very well versed in teh bible, so we have both perspectives covered for when we will need to teach.

thanks for sharing.
  • edited December 2011
    OOT: That's the reading FI and I are using for the Gospel at our wedding!  I love that one!
  • ootmother2ootmother2 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_calypso-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:615Discussion:fe471dec-76c3-4bb4-b06d-038ca6aa39bdPost:32ef3c02-0554-4cba-ac1f-ddd1e1b21410">Re: * Calypso *</a>:
    [QUOTE]OOT: That's the reading FI and I are using for the Gospel at our wedding!  I love that one!
    Posted by Meg1036[/QUOTE]

great!

I think I may have had more bible exposure because I'm probably older than most on the boards.

For me, the bible states the word, not the word interpreted by others, if that makes sense to you.  When I question something, I usually try to find guidance in the bible.  To me it makes more sense than just another human being passing on their opinion.
  • Calypso1977Calypso1977 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    For me, the bible states the word, not the word interpreted by others, if that makes sense to you.

that's exactly how my husband feels.
  • mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's how H and I feel too.  I met to talk about it with my priest, and he agreed.  I'm about to finish my first time reading the Bible cover to cover.  It's been a long and amazing journey.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards