Connecticut

Rehearsal Dinner Location

I was wondering if anyone had a good suggestion for a rehearsal dinner location around the Milford/Stratford area. We are having about 20 people and are looking for something nice but not super expensive. We thought about Marisa's, but think it might end up being a little over budget.

TIA!

Re: Rehearsal Dinner Location

• edited December 2011
    I'm not sure if a private room is important but Bin 100 (my favorite!) is in Milford.  You could also try the Beach House.
  • starrbuk13starrbuk13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh man there are a ton of places! some of my favorites:

Rainbow Gardens - Milford
    Citrus - Milford
    Johnny Ray's - Milford
    Vazzy's (Shelton, Bridgeport, etc)
    SBC - Milford
  • SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto Vazzys in Shelton or SBC in Milford both nice places with a fun atmosphere but not too pricey.
  • edited December 2011
    I think out of all the places we called, Marisa's is the most budget friendly. We're doing a sit down there for around $25 per person and that includes, salad, pasta, entree, tea/coffee and ice cream for dessert. I know the pricing Vazzy's in Monroe gave us is around the same. Bin 100 is around $38 per person. 
  • edited December 2011
    Vazzy's has awesome food.
    Also, in Milford, check out Bear N' Grill
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • klm03013klm03013 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions! I will definitely check some of those out. Christikao, I love Marisa's but the only reason I wasn't sure about having it there is because I wasn't sure if it would be rude of me to not provide at least beer and wine for the dinner and I know that is pretty pricey there...it adds at least another $12 a head.
  • edited December 2011
    Most places do not include alcohol. Out of the 40 people we invited to the rehearsal dinner only 5 or 6 are drinkers so we're just going to have a running tab for the alcohol and soda pitchers. If you have a lot of drinkers maybe you can go with the wine carafes and beer pitchers for each table.  In my personal opinion people shouldn't be getting trash at the rehearsal dinner anyways. 
  • starrbuk13starrbuk13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i agree with christikao...we didnt have an open bar at our rehearsal either, we just had the server keep a running tab.  and honestly, people maybe ordered 1 or 2 beers (we had ours at Bar in New Haven) but that was it.  not worth $12 a person!
  • edited December 2011
    My rehersal dinner was at Stella's in Stratford.  We did pizza and salad in the room on the side.  It was great.

Also, maybe try Gusto's in Milford.  They have a nice small downstairs room.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards