Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

opinions please!

So I'm getting married in less then 3 weeks and I'm trying to pick our recessional song.  We have a string trio, but I want to do something a little more personal for our recessional.  I was thinking of seeing if my trio could do ray lamontagne's you are the best thing on strings, but i dont know if it will translate well.  anyone have any thoughts or ideas on how this will work out? thanks!! 

Re: opinions please!

• edited December 2011
    thats a great song!  and if it means something to you guys...thats even better!
  • krdrbm1015krdrbm1015 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The trio offered to arrange anything I wanted.  I'm just trying to get opinions on whether others feel that this song would translate well to strings or not, because I just don't seem to have an ear for it (for instance I had thought to do 1,2,3,4 by the Plain white t's then I actually heard a string version and did not like it at all).  I appreciate the help.  
  • lcsa99lcsa99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would suggest you talk to your trio and have them play an example of what they can do with it. I don't know much about music but I have a feeling that whether or not a song can translate well depends as much on the skill of the musicians as it does on the song itself.

With only three weeks to go, you might also want to just do a search for acoustic love songs - anything that the musician can play on just a guitar should work beautifully with a string trio.

June 2011 Siggy Challenge: Shoes! imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards