April 2012 Weddings

Invitation Venting AGAIN!!!

I called the stationer back and put down our deposit yesterday for them to send our invitation set to print.  This was after spending the majority of the day trying to figure out whether getting additional thank you notes would be worthwhile.  It turned out that the price difference was so minor that it wouldn't be worth my time to go somewhere and buy more thank you notes if I ended up needing them, so we did order extra thank you's from the stationer.

The stationer writes back today and says the company doing the printing thinks the aqua blue wedding color ink will look green on the one piece which we are having printed on yellow accent color paper and they want to suggest that we go with the darker teal instead.  They did the best they could sending me samples of the colors which I looked at on the computer and forwarded everything to fiance.  But it's hard to see over the screen and compare the colors to my swatch of aqua blue I'm trying to match.  Fiance and I managed to discuss it reasonably and decided that perhaps it would look all right to have just the piece on yellow printed in the teal, but keep everything else in aqua blue as we intended.  The stationer checked back with the printing company to see what they thought of that idea, and now the printing company said the teal will still look green so we can't go with that after all.  I appreciate that everyone is trying to be helpful but I think the stationer should have known from the get-go rather than suggesting the accent piece.

And fiance is still aggravated at me for not going with the statinoer he wanted.  But he doesn't want to listen to my suggestion to just screw it and print our own invitations using a kit from Michael's.  Not sure we have time left to do anything else if it's going to take this long to get things designed.

Argh!

Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.

Re: Invitation Venting AGAIN!!!

• Why don't you just cancel the stationer you have and go with his friend?  This stationer seems like they don't really have their act together
  • The stationer fiance wanted to go with isn't a friend, just somplace that all his friends used which he had felt would be the best, and he's holding a grudge that I wanted to shop around and didn't want to go straight there.  We ended up falling in love with some samples from this stationer and we thought they would do the best design work, they seemed to have their act together at first!

I ended up working everything out although I had to think outside the box and find a solution where the yellow paper is being changed for a light blue that the aqua blue will print better on.

So hopefully everything is finally resolved now!
    Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
  • Worst case scenario: you can use a kit from Hobby Lobby, or you could spare yourselves the trouble all together and order kits from VistaPrint or 123Print.com. You could make them and have them shipped in plenty of time. 
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • not trying to be mean megan, but I think you vent a lot about things that are nbd.  Maybe it's your way of getting everything out, but I think you shouldn't worry as much about the small stuff.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2012-weddings_invitation-venting-again?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:05427f07-4ba2-44d6-9271-99a7af1ee5c0Discussion:bde4331b-488f-4366-b9c9-3d7f096b8663Post:7bd98a2d-0a90-4287-9676-474468793cc3">Re: Invitation Venting AGAIN!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]not trying to be mean megan, but I think you vent a lot about things that are nbd.  Maybe it's your way of getting everything out, but I think you shouldn't worry as much about the small stuff.
    Posted by mdphd[/QUOTE]
    Yeah, this is what I was thinking too. Don't get me wrong, I do it all the time. On the wrong day, the tiniest thing can set me off. I just try to not let my fury be aimed at anyone who didn't cause it.<div>
    </div><div>Honestly, I think this stationer is more of a headache than it's worth. This has to be at least your 3rd post on this subject. There is always something wrong. And if it's bothering you to the point that you need to vent about it, that's not good. Pretty invites aren't worth your sanity. It's certainly not worth arguing with your FI about it. </div><div>
    </div><div>If having great quality stationary is a priority to your FI, then I'd say go to another stationer. If it's not, then go with the Michael's kit or Vistaprint (what we did). There are so many other BIGGER things that will grate on your nerves, don't let this little thing make you go crazy. </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards