Maine

Did I just see a tumbleweed? Where is everyone?!

So, in a feeble attempt to wake up the boards alittle: what is everyone working on (besides Christmas, if anything) this week? and what did they accomplish last week?

I'll start:
Last week- I finally figured out what FI and I are going to dance to for our first dance. I found a beautiful and unique song that depicts our creativity (we are both artists of some sort) and our devotion to each other. It's called "Yours and Mine" by Brooke Annibale.

This week- we're working on figuring out the parent dances and maybe, if we're really productive, getting our list together for the dj.

Re: Did I just see a tumbleweed? Where is everyone?!

• lclemencelclemence member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We picked out our wedding bands yesterday! My wedding isn't for 8 more months, I have no idea how I'm going to resist trying it on every day.
  • edited December 2011
    We're working on booking our honeymoon! We went to AAA last week and are looking into a few resorts in PuntaCana.

Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest

my read shelf:
    Esskem's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nothing wedding-related for me except for making a few things on Vistaprint for my mom for Christmas.  I'm an only child, so there are no siblings to get jealous of her wanting my wedding pictures all over the place!

I've also been working on the units for my current graduate course (Budgeting and School Finance - YeeHaw).  Two more classes and in internship and I will be done! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Hello!  We have been busy!  Getting married 4.21.12 so its going to creep up soon! I booked my honeymoon last week, we are going to Exuma, Bahamas, doing the sandals resort thing so I am super excited!

Ironing out the details of the rehearsal dinner. We will be having it at Rira but tweaked it a bit.  Decided on more of a laid back feel than a formal sit down plated dinner.

We just completed our Pre-Cana marriage course this weekend which went well.  I am just ordering little things here and there and am starting to think about my invitations.  We are a little late on our E-pics but we are taking them in two weeks...

Meeting with my florist in a few weeks to tweak the flowers a bit

and I booked my boudoir session with Shelly Rose which im super excited and nervous about!!  Happy Planning !
  • edited December 2011
    I was wondering where everyone has been hiding!   Have lots of stuff done- actually already Purchased FI's wedding Band- Our Jeweler told us the Cost of Gold is going up, and his band already went up $100 since we first picked it out, so we decided to jump and purchase it before it goes up any higher. researching Honeymoon currently! I am just trying to get as much planning done and out of the way, so we can relax when we get closer to the big day- we still have another 9 months, so I'm not sure what I will do with myself when I have everything done!  although I know little things will come up.  

• RECNMBRECNMB member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had quite a week! We set a date, August 18th, 2012, and are booking our photographer. I'm very excited to be booking Andrew Davis Photography! I also had the first family dinner with my future mother-in-law and my parents. We started talking about who id paying for what, which was good to fiqure out. Also, went dress shopping for the first time, and now even more confused than before! 
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011

Last week we decided on a date July 13, 2013 and submitted to the venue, just waiting to recieve the proposal and contract in the mail.

This week I have been researching and pricing out different vendors to get a general feel of what will work with our budget.

• edited December 2011

everyone is moving along!  That is so great to hear :)

• edited December 2011
    I just finished making my save the dates---took me 8 hours but I am very happy with them! We also are meeting with the caterer, party rentals, and choosing our cupcake baker next week!
  • edited December 2011

Set a time to sign the contract for our venue! Once that is done then I will finally start putting together invites so then I dont have to do them once the semester starts which is exciting. Also VERY HAPPY to be done wtih finals that is for sure.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • bridget121281bridget121281 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married on 6/09/12 and i have almost NOTHING done. We're having it in a friends backyard so we don't have to worry about booking a venue, but other than that all i have done is the tent rental. I live in new york and am trying to plan it from here. I'm not very good at the whole wedding planning thing and trying to plan it from such a distance is making it that much harder for me so if anybody has ANY suggestions about ANYTHING wedding related in or around somerset county, it would be VERY appreciated. Thanks.
  • Seriously! It's been so quiet, I forget to check now. :(

We just got our wedding books done to give to everyone for Christmas. They came out really nice so I'm pretty excited about that!! Other than that, just getting ready for Christmas. We are making the LONG drive up to Maine again, so we've been getting ready for the trip. So excited to be back again, although I'm a little sad it seems like there won't be any snow!

lclemence- my friend got her wedding band way before the wedding and loved it so much, she started wearing it on her right hand until the wedding because she wanted to wear it. haha, i couldn't do that but it cracked me up that she did.
  • edited December 2011

It has been a busy week for us! I went dress shopping for the first time at David's Bridal in South Portland and had a great experience! I tried on 6 dresses total and the 4th one I tried on, I fell in love with. I kept going back to that one and couldn't stop thinking about it even when trying on new ones. I made the purchase, along with finding shoes and a veil. I will post pics soon!

We are also going to our last cupcake tasting to verify the colors and the assortment. Yum! We have a Maine Wild Blueberry cupcake, a Chocolate Caramel cupcake, Carrot Cake, and a S'Mores Cupcake.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maine_did-just-see-tumbleweed-everyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:98Discussion:ea8c2c4d-bc40-446a-8a9b-292ae1c724c3Post:75c8ffcb-74f5-4668-8688-df3f094a173b">Re: Did I just see a tumbleweed? Where is everyone?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]It has been a busy week for us! I went dress shopping for the first time at David's Bridal in South Portland and had a great experience! I tried on 6 dresses total and the 4th one I tried on, I fell in love with. I kept going back to that one and couldn't stop thinking about it even when trying on new ones. I made the purchase, along with finding shoes and a veil. I will post pics soon! We are also going to our last cupcake tasting to verify the colors and the assortment. Yum! We have a Maine Wild Blueberry cupcake, a Chocolate Caramel cupcake, Carrot Cake, and a S'Mores Cupcake.
    Posted by pdmartel[/QUOTE]

Paula?
  • Ms. Corrigan? haha (well used to be! I'm guessing)
    I am just starting to get into the wedding planning so will probably be a lot more active on the boards I'm hoping!
  • Yes...used to be.  It's Feeney now, but if you're old enough to get married, you're old enough to not call me Miss Corrigan!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards