Hawaii
Options

Possibly dumb question about pics on DVDs

Originally, I thought my photographer was providing us with a CD of our pictures. I'm comfortable working with pics in that format. But, I just found out we're actually getting a DVD.

How easy is it to work with pictures on a DVD? I have a DVD player on my computer, but I've only used it to watch movies. Can I save pics from a DVD directly to my computer? I want to use them to make thank you cards, etc... I'm not really interested in sitting and watching our photos--I'm more interested in being able to use them.

Sorry if this is a lame, computer-illiterate question. I googled it, but there was very little info. It sounded complicated. There was more info on how to save pics to a DVD not the other way around.

Re: Possibly dumb question about pics on DVDs

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah you're fine...the pictures will be in the same format as they would on a cd...using a cd holds 700 megs and a dvd will hold 4.9 gigs or something like that...so they use a dvd because it holds way more space then a cd would.   You're all good :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_possibly-dumb-question-pics-dvds?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:73Discussion:c79a9b38-d8a1-43cd-91d8-a986583bdc8dPost:bcecd37a-64b1-4e0f-9309-9f7e79b18359">Re: Possibly dumb question about pics on DVDs</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah you're fine...the pictures will be in the same format as they would on a cd...using a cd holds 700 megs and a dvd will hold 4.9 gigs or something like that...so they use a dvd because it holds way more space then a cd would.   You're all good :)
    Posted by m_eblin[/QUOTE]

yup...the only difference would be the amount the dvd can hold :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! I had a feeling it was a dumb question, but I appreciate the reassurance. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had actually been wondering the same thing.  Thanks ladies!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was wondering the same. Thanks for the answer. One more thing not to have to worry about. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards