Massachusetts-Boston

Ok. Stressed.

Maybe it's because I got almost nothing done yesterday, maybe because I added a few more things to my to-do list this morning, but the stress has set in. I hope and think it will go away once I get home from work tonight and have a plan of attack on some wedding tasks, but I hate this feeling!

Mostly, it's because one of our groomsmen doesn't have his suit (it's sitting in our closet... I need to figure out a way to get it to him), another GM doesn't even have his ordered (thanks, Merians) and one of my bridesmaids hasn't picked her dress up yet. Never mind that two of the GM don't have shirts and none of them have bought shoes (as far as I know).

A few weeks ago I decided to let myself stop thinking about the WP's jobs so I wouldn't be stressed, but now they haven't done anything about these things, so I have no choice but to speak up. Sigh.

Re: Ok. Stressed.

• Shazzie116Shazzie116 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can see why you're stressed, but really try not to. It's their problem, and they still have a week to get this stuff squared away for themselves. They're adults, they'll figure it out. Focus on the things that you can do right now to work through your own checklist and don't waste any more energy on worrying about your WP. You're going to work yourself into a tizzy if you don't give yourself a break! 
  • edited December 2011

I agree with what Shazzie said. I tell myself all the time you cannot control other people, only yourself. I know it sounds stupid, but if they don't pick up their stuff, you won't look like the one that isn't put together, it will be your friends. I'm sure they'll take care of it, but just focus on the things you can do and don't worry about anyone else. It will all come together!

August 2011: E-Pic! Photobucket
    229 image Invited to celebrate!
    191 image Remembered to RSVP!
    26 image Can't make it
    7 image Got lost on the way to the mailbox

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • PegletPeglet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

One of my bridesmaids didn't even ORDER her dress until like May...months after everyone else did, out of sheer laziness. Keeping my mouth shut was one of the hardest things I did. But she finally got it and didn't even have to pay for rush shipping. Mostly I was hurt by her attitude about it. I really think they will pull it together in the end. I'm trying to have a similar attitude about wedding-day arrangements and transportation for other people...I know I have a ride! They will worry about it themselves. Unless they ask me for help, I'm trying to stay out of it!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Ugh. Sorry :( WP things are certainly things you shouldn't have to worry about- the WP stuff should be the easiest! I agree with the pp's.. try not to worry about their tasks- just focus on what YOU can do. You can only lead a horse to a lake, you can't force them to drink it. (lol i've always wanted to use that analogy) sooo as long as you've reminded the GMs and BMs about their duties, there's only so much you can do!
    Less than 2 weeks for you?! AHHHH- try to relax for a few days between now and then!
  • edited December 2011
    I hear you- we are getting married the same day and it definitely feels like crunch time right now. I would just send them all reminders and tell them to please do it by Monday so you can have peace of mind. If they don't, that still gives you time to deal with things.

Fortunately my wedding party has been great. However, 6 people told us yesterday they can't come even though they RSVP'd yes- and 4 are sitting at one 8 person table- so now I have redo 2 or 3 tables (they were sitting really close to the dance floor etc, so I want to combine tables) and resubmit numbers for food etc. Annoying.

But we are almost there! Where are you going on your honeymoon?
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone! Things are getting done, little by little.

We are going to Alaska the Tuesday after the wedding. I seriously cannot wait- I'm ready to skip the wedding and jump right on the plane!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards