Michigan-Grand Rapids

Looking for Licensed Bartenders

Hello -

We are getting married next fall at a venue in Grand Rapids. Our venue allows us to hire all our own vendors, including bartenders. The only requirement is that the bartender is "Tips Certified" aka trained, certified and insured. I'm having trouble finding someone (I think we need at least 2 people) and wondered if anyone had recommendations.

Thanks! :) 

Re: Looking for Licensed Bartenders

• smsalatsmsalat member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited August 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-grand-rapids_looking-for-licensed-bartenders?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:95Discussion:308018d9-771a-4349-b0cf-26358cebd325Post:29c52c03-c28e-407d-8539-5625d353b1c9">Looking for Licensed Bartenders</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello - We are getting married next fall at a venue in Grand Rapids. Our venue allows us to hire all our own vendors, including bartenders. The only requirement is that the bartender is "Tips Certified" aka trained, certified and insured. I'm having trouble finding someone (I think we need at least 2 people) and wondered if anyone had recommendations. Thanks! :) 
    Posted by Kipp2Be[/QUOTE]

Martha's Vineyard provides bartenders, but you need to contract through them for all your beer/wine/liquor.  They did our wedding and they did an exceptional job. 

Not sure if this is what you are looking for but thought I would throw it out there for you.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-grand-rapids_looking-for-licensed-bartenders?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:95Discussion:308018d9-771a-4349-b0cf-26358cebd325Post:66db39c4-b992-42ee-8784-d571356a87f2">Re: Looking for Licensed Bartenders</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Looking for Licensed Bartenders : Martha's Vineyard provides bartenders, but you need to contract through them for all your beer/wine/liquor.  They did our wedding and they did an exceptional job.  Not sure if this is what you are looking for but thought I would throw it out there for you.
    Posted by smsalat[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Thank you for the recommendation! I did email MV, but haven't heard back yet. We plan to supply our own alcohol, so they may not work for us.</div>
  • Most restaurants require their servers to be TIPs certified, if you have a favorite restaurant I would ask the manager if they could recommend anyone on their staff.
  • Try https://www.facebook.com/jseventservices
    They charge like 450 plus tips for 2 bartenders and you supply your own alcohol I also found some good reviews on them from weddingwire. Hope this helps!
  • Thank you everyone! :)
  • You can also try barsbybutch.com they allow you to bring your own and they will even give you a list of what to buy so you don't over buy. Pretty affordable service and it includes insurance and taxes.
    February Siggy Challenge... Honeymoon Destination:
    Honeymoon Cabin in the Smokey Mountains
    Gatlinburg, TN
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited September 2012
    You can also try barsbybutch.com they allow you to bring your own and they will even give you a list of what to buy so you don't over buy. Pretty affordable service and it includes insurance and taxes.
    February Siggy Challenge... Honeymoon Destination:
    Honeymoon Cabin in the Smokey Mountains
    Gatlinburg, TN
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My brother just got married last weekend in my parents' backyard and he found a bartender on Craigslist. I know that can be scary sometimes, but I think she was reasonably priced and did a good job. My brother was able to buy all the booze and she just served it up! I wish I knew her name or company. I think she worked through Aquinas College
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Walgreens employees are TIPS certified, so maybe just ask around. It is a requirement now for a lot of places that sell alcohol for thier employees to take a TIPS class. I am going to ask my coworkers to serve :)
  • Barsbybutch.com or pour.com; both in Grand Rapids 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-grand-rapids_looking-for-licensed-bartenders?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:95Discussion:308018d9-771a-4349-b0cf-26358cebd325Post:d4740026-a9f4-4067-9f12-9956cbf11d9a">Re: Looking for Licensed Bartenders</a>:
    [QUOTE]Barsbybutch.com or pour.com; both in Grand Rapids 
    Posted by poopoo2829[/QUOTE]

<div>I meant to add that we used Bars By Butch and they were great! </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards