Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Budget MN Venues

FI and I would be okay holding our reception in a church basement, but would really like something nicer than that. Question is, can we afford it? I was wondering what other budget brides paid for their reception venues, what costs were included besides just renting the venue, and what was the venue like?

If it matters, we're getting married in Northfield, but I'm interested to hear from brides all over MN.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Budget MN Venues

• Options
    Try Eagles Club or Elks Lodge in Faribault :)
  • Options
    newlyseliskinewlyseliski member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited January 2013
    No idea on budget-friendliness... but potentially St. Olaf or Carleton banquet facilities, Cannon Golf Club or any of the venues listed here?
  • Options
    http://www.theknot.com/Vendors/Minnesota-Wedding-Venues/Profiles/CAR/004
    Check out these options, you can sort by city.
    The Grand Event Center in Northfreld is a good venue.
  • Options
    I didn't ask for suggestions of where to have the reception, I asked for ideas of what other people's venues cost. This is because I know all of the popular venues and, independent of price, for one reason or another, none of them are an option (for example, St. Olaf doesn't allow alcohol or outside catering). I'm looking for pricing comparisons and additional fees to be aware of as I look at the smaller venues.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My fiance and I are paying $600 rental of space for the Lowell Inn in Stillwater, MN. We are also choosing to rent their outside garden area for an additional $100, so $700 total for rental of space. We are not allowed outside caterers while using their space, but our meal will  be around $16.25 a person. I wasn't interested in finding outside caterers anyways, and the few I did look up had extrememly high prices so the $16.25/meal was acceptable. The rental includes all place settings, glasses, napkins, table cloths. I think it might include votive candles as well but I don't remember because we probably won't use them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards