New Jersey

Anyone been to a wedding at the Grain House?

We are considering the Grain House, and I was wondering if anyone has been to a wedding there or have had their own wedding there?  The Grain House is split-level, so the tables are in a separate space from the dance floor and bar.  Was this a problem? We are also thinking of having a smaller, 80-100 guest wedding, and although the OMI says the Grain House accomodates up to 120, I'm concerned the space may be a bit tight.  Any input? Thanks!

Re: Anyone been to a wedding at the Grain House?

• This place was on my list when we first started looking for venues and I didn't book it because of the layout... the poles look like they'd be really in the way, as well. 

My opinion, if you're hesitant... keep looking around.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_anyone-been-to-a-wedding-at-the-grain-house?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:819851ba-2cfc-4a18-902b-ba6a875a5f25Post:ec52c45a-bc66-4812-8334-047afd5d6dc0">Re: Anyone been to a wedding at the Grain House?</a>:
    [QUOTE]This place was on my list when we first started looking for venues and I didn't book it because of the layout... the poles look like they'd be really in the way, as well.  My opinion, if you're hesitant... keep looking around.
    Posted by k8888[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Ditto this...

</div>
    Anniversary
  • I'll echo K's comment.  The place was nice and the food was very good.  It was actually nice that the dance floor was away and on a slightly different level so that people at the tables could talk without being overwhelmed by the volume.  However, the poles on the dance floor are  a bit obnoxious.  But if they don't bother you, it's a great place for a smaller wedding.
  • NeumzNeumz member
    First Comment
    I am going to a bridal event there tonight, but in the back of my mind there is some hesitation so I think the smartest thing to do would be to keep looking. Just when you think the endless venue search is over...!
  • NeumzNeumz member
    First Comment
    So as far as the bridal open house went, I fell in love with their main ballroom...started crying when I went in it and everything! They have a really excellent 150 person minimum for that room which I am nowhere  close to meeting....alas, the search continues.
  • We're actually getting married there this November. I know what you mean by the poles possibly being in the way, but we really LOVED having the dance floor set apart from the tables. This is great especially if you have a lot of "older guests" who wouldn't be tearin' a rug on the floor and for people who may just want to sit and chat without shouting to their neighbor. But if it's not right for you, then keep looking! I will say, though, that the staff is amazingly accomodating and friendly!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards