Connecticut

savin rock conference center

anyone ever been to a wedding here or have thier there?? possibility ofhaving to move my wedding there next year. any advice ? TIA!!!

Re: savin rock conference center

• edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding there about 4 years ago. It was a very pretty location- they got married outside, it was a little windy but very pretty. The room was a good size and everything was set up nicely. They did have to bring in their own liquor/bartenders because they don't have a liquor license- not sure if it's still that way or not.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
    TTC February 2013
    Melissa's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • blipsettprblipsettpr member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been to many events there. It is a nice location because it is right on the boardwalk. Across from the center is a grassy area that is beautiful for outdoor weddings. The only problem is that you would be responsible for bringing everything to the venue, nothing would be supplied (food, etc.).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • clearlite9clearlite9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I live in West Haven and have been to MANY events/weddings at the conference center.  It is a great price for residents and books fast, so if you are considering it, book early!  Most people who get married there do the ceremony outside at the gazebo right on the water.  Keep in mind that you will draw a crowd.  Lots of the residents who regularly walk the boardwalk will stop with their spouses/children/dogs to watch the festivities.  It can be windy down there too.

The conference center itself is a big room.  But as many have said, you have to bring everything in, caterers, liquor.  But I have seen it done many times, and quite nicely I might add.

But what gorgeous pictures too.  My husband is a photographer and he does many shoots at West Haven beach considering we are lifelong residents and know many people here.

Good luck with everything!
  • edited December 2011
    I did my pictures there, had the ceremony and reception at woodwinds! Great place for pics!
    Anniversary

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Our Luna
    Play!
    Badges, Bananas, and a Bump
    ...my blogging adventure Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards