My pants I washed yesterday aren't dry. I have no pants! :(

Re: B&M Monday

• edited December 2011
    I am feeling uninspired.
    Anniversary

• AshJohnson30AshJohnson30 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011

The person I'm supposed to work with told me they'd be in at 7:30am...I got in early (6:30am) to make sure they'd have plenty to do...it's 8:15am and he's still not here!!

sorry you have no pants crash!! Frown

• bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am just tired.  Mondays are no friend of mine.
  • angelsong21angelsong21 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think I have flamed them before but I'm flaming my group members again.  We were assigned this project at the beginning of the semester and put into groups about 2 months ago.  Please don't send me an e-mail on Sunday, the day before it's due and say, "Oh sorry I'm just now getting back to you, I've had to work over the holiday."  Not an excuse when we've had the project for months.  I SHOULD have worked over the holiday but had to use my PTO time since I had to pick up the slack from everyone else.  Another girl e-mailed me on Thursday and said, "I can't do my part of the project until Mr. X gets me the information I need, so I can't do anything on this project.  Have a great break!"  Oooooh ma'am, you sure can!  And there's always the option of doing what you need to do to obtain the information yourself that Mr. X was supposed to get so you can do your part.

I swear, I'm becoming one of those grouchy older people who say crap like, "Kids these days!"
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • aeliza06aeliza06 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    boo on group projects! I feel for you. Even though I graduated over two years ago- I still remember my group marketing project from my last semester. One guy and I pulled multiple all nighters just to get it done. blah. 

I saw this on pinterest and felt like it applies: 

edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-100?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:7849b90e-dc36-46a8-b4bb-a558a0ed08d4Post:3b2fe4d6-b230-4308-9812-e6c50998f15a">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]boo on group projects! I feel for you. Even though I graduated over two years ago- I still remember my group marketing project from my last semester. One guy and I pulled multiple all nighters just to get it done. blah.
    Posted by aeliza06[/QUOTE]

Eugh, I hear you on that!  This is my second bachelor's degree -- my first one I focused in business and volunteer management so we had a lot of group projects.  It always ended up to where some people were involved and others weren't, but this has been the worst experience I've ever had working with a group. 

I just don't understand how some of these people will ever be successful in the business world, nonetheless the healthcare profession.   It's just baffling to hear some of the excuses they have.  College irritates me anyway for that reason -- it often fails to teach students the most important character traits that are needed for any job:  responsibility, accountability, reliability, and trust.  When you can constantly re-do assignments and turn things in late, give 5 points added onto your final grade, etc. it does not teach anyone responsibility.  If this group project had happened in the real world, these people would either be fired or if they owned their own businesses, they would be losing customers left and right.

It's just frustrating that college is SO expensive and then I see people graduating who have learned nothing they need to succeed professionally.

ETA:  HA! I love the pic you posted too -- sooo true!
  • edited December 2011
    My car transmission has been on its last legs for a while, and last Tuesday it finally freaked out completely... I drive 45 and I'm doing 6000rpms... delightful.
    So now I'm in the process of trying to find a new car, while finishing up my final papers for the semester, and moving an entire house full of stuff today and tomorrow. Jeremy had to come pick me up last weekend and will have to also this weekend because my car can't drive over 50, so no highways for me.

Kathleen- no pants huh? Sounds like a good reason to take a day off ;)
    **Planning Bio** UPDATED! 4/9/12 Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest
    edited December 2011
    kristan -- Sorry about your car. :(  I had a '95 Nissan that I finally ran into the ground a few years ago as the transmission was shot.  I was sooo bummed.  That car was far more reliable than my newer car has been.  I feel for you!  Good luck in the car search!  We used Cars.com (if I remember right) and diligently checked Carfax reports.  We ended up working with Jim McNatt in the Corinth/Denton area and they seemed to be pretty fair and more on the "haggle-free" side of things.  I would NOT recommend any of the dealerships along 75 through the Richardson area.  I've never had a good experience with any of them.

GL!
  • edited December 2011
    angelsong- Thanks for the info! Yeah mine is a 2000 Mazda and I feel like it has been really good to me :( My parents new house is actually in the Corinth/Denton area so if I don't find anything this week in the Dallas area or WF (godson's bday party is this weekend) I might be heading over there next week! 

Right now we're trying to decide if I'm going to look for a newer used car with around 30K miles or go with a new car for the warranty- I always seem to have problems with my car and am worried I will regret not having a lengthy warranty.

Thoughts anyone?
    **Planning Bio** UPDATED! 4/9/12 Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    I bought my Nissan from Rockwall Dodge and I really liked them.  They were really hurting to make a sale so they gave me a great deal.  We found it on autotrader.
    Anniversary

• crash2729crash2729 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-100?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:7849b90e-dc36-46a8-b4bb-a558a0ed08d4Post:d4fb5591-ab38-4dc5-b810-23c80f593775">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]My car transmission has been on its last legs for a while, and last Tuesday it finally freaked out completely... I drive 45 and I'm doing 6000rpms... delightful. So now I'm in the process of trying to find a new car, while finishing up my final papers for the semester, and moving an entire house full of stuff today and tomorrow. Jeremy had to come pick me up last weekend and will have to also this weekend because my car can't drive over 50, so no highways for me. <strong>Kathleen- no pants huh? Sounds like a good reason to take a day off ;)</strong>
    Posted by kristan1022[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm sorry about your car! That sucks! I have to get new brakes Wednesday but I feel like my car is on borrowed time. </div><div>
    </div><div>Well I have 13.5 vacation days left and when I told my aunt I was going to be taking those days obviously before the end of the year she goes "um...Can we just pay you for those instead?" So I think I may take a week and then let them pay me for the rest. </div><div>
    </div><div>@Angelsong-Trust me I feel your group pain. My group will feel the pain of my peer review. It's not going to be pretty. </div><div>
    </div><div>So, the dog at my Mom's house is in congestive heart failure and she posts it on Facebook before she calls me. Nice.</div>
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-100?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:7849b90e-dc36-46a8-b4bb-a558a0ed08d4Post:11161dd4-83f3-4886-9342-3d1099aed63e">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: B&M Monday : @Angelsong-Trust me I feel your group pain. My group will feel the pain of my peer review. It's not going to be pretty.
    Posted by crash2729[/QUOTE]

Ditto!  For the first time in my life, I don't think I'm going to be "the nice girl" anymore and just give everyone decently high marks no matter what they did or did not do.  This time, I am so frustrated and upset, that I'm going to print out all of the group e-mails, all the documentation I have, and evaluate accordingly.  This is beyond ridiculous.

RE: Cars
    I got a 2007 Nissan Sentra in October 2008.  Overall, it's been an okay car, especially considering I've been in FOUR accidents since I got it (none of them my fault... but people in vans and trucks swear they can't see me, which is unnerving).  However, even under warranty, the Nissan dealerships I've taken it to when I've had concerns about transmission noises and my ABS, they always said, "eh, everything looks good, nothing comes up in diagnostics so there's nothing for us to do!"  So I had a warranty, my car wasn't driving right and making loud knocking sounds, and they essentially refused to look further into it....likely because its under warranty.  So I'm not sure how good warranties truly are.  I think you'd have to evaluate that on a case-by-case basis depending on the maker of the car you decide on.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-100?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:7849b90e-dc36-46a8-b4bb-a558a0ed08d4Post:5a62915b-3040-4883-96d9-6c75cc8ef60b">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]So I'm not sure how good warranties truly are.  I think you'd have to evaluate that on a case-by-case basis depending on the maker of the car you decide on.
    Posted by angelsong21[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>That's a really good point- guess that is what I will have to do!! Thanks again for the feedback, this will only be my 3rd car (1st was a family car that got passed on to my brother) so I appreciate everyone's advice! :)

</div>
  • crash2729crash2729 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-100?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:7849b90e-dc36-46a8-b4bb-a558a0ed08d4Post:5a62915b-3040-4883-96d9-6c75cc8ef60b">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: B&M Monday : Ditto!  For the first time in my life, I don't think I'm going to be "the nice girl" anymore and just give everyone decently high marks no matter what they did or did not do.  <strong>This time, I am so frustrated and upset, that I'm going to print out all of the group e-mails, all the documentation I have</strong>, and evaluate accordingly.  This is beyond ridiculous. 
    Posted by angelsong21[/QUOTE]

<div>I did this last semester for my capstone class. I had a guy who was constantly yelling at me in my face (in front of the teacher no less), threatened to fight the other guy in the group, and got into a screaming match in the library courtyard. Things got so  bad I had to carry mace on me because the teacher refused to allow us to remove him from our group.  </div><div>
    </div><div>I failed him and printed out all the emails I had from him as "evidence" and put them all in a folder and handed it to the teacher on the last day of class.</div>
  • MLandCJMLandCJ member
    edited December 2011
    I don't understand how things got to this point. You think you know someone for seven years only to learn suddenly they have a skelaton in their closet. Things just don't add up and I don't really understand it.

My car is in the shop on top of everything.

Kristan- Boo! I hate care issues. Our cars must be twins!

Amanda- I feel ya on that!

Kathleen- No Pants! You crack me up! This is why we are friends!

Ash- I hate that for it! Did the show up yet?

Bri- I dread mondays

Angelsong & Amanda- I dread group projects.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards