Pre-wedding Parties

afternoon wedding?

my wedding is going to be in the early afternoon and end at 4:00 pm is it ok to have a after wedding celebration?

Re: afternoon wedding?

• edited December 2011
    You mean a reception? Absolutely! My ceremony starts at 4 pm and will end around 4:30 and we are having a traditional dinner reception afterwards.

If you don't want to host a dinner/dance reception make sure your celebration doesn't fall during a meal time.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • McKenna2012McKenna2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Of course it is.....why wouldn't it be?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I think she means an after-party.  Like a tiered reception.  OP, so you're having a wedding, then a reception until 4 and then an after party?  So how will the invites work?
  • edited December 2011
    I saw one bride talking about doing an afternoon wedding and then going back to the hotel and having dinner with her husband before meeting up with friends at a bar later that night.  I think so long as there's a decent gap, and it's an unofficial/unhosted kind of thing, it's fine. 

But if you're hosting it, everyone invited to the wedding needs to be invited and you need to host the time in between as well.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • McKenna2012McKenna2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Ohhhhh.   Yeah, it would be ok to have an after-party with just a small group later. Like Faye said, make sure there is a gap so the "wedding" is definitely over and the part later is just friends going out like they would any Saturday night.

Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards