Missouri-St Louis

venue vs food

Hi everyone!!
I'm new to the boards with a tentative date of Sept 2013 for my wedding and I was wondering, which is more important- an awesome venue or the food? I would really like to have our reception at the Planetarium, but our budget is pretty tight so I would probably have to choose Pasta House for catering. 

Has anyone used Pasta House for catering? Do you recommend it?

Do you think it's better to have fancier food in a nice ballroom/banquet hall or a fancy venue with "average" food?

Thanks for your help!!

Re: venue vs food

• Planetarium sounds awesome... As for pasta house... Honestly I've had a catered event by them ( not a wedding) - it was mediocre. I guess the quality went down with the quantity. I'm sure you can find something similar, maybe Olive Garden or a restaurant on the hill... One that's not a chain might actually have more flexibility with your budget so something on the hill might be your best bet..
  • I have to admit I think the venue really sets the mood for the event- so I'd go fancier venue and more average food.

When I was looking, the Wolfgang Puck restaurant did an apps only offering for around the same price as a full meal option from PH.  Is that an option for you?  We recently went to a 1pm wedding, so it was clearly after lunch, and ended by 5pm, so it ended before dinner- apps were completely appropriate in that situation.
    White Knot
    Stand up for something you believe in. White Knot
  • sfischer87sfischer87 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited March 2012
    We are using the pasta house for our June 2013 wedding at the World's Fair Pavilion! I've heard really good things about their catering.  We met with Vicki, the coordinator, a few weeks ago and she really knows her stuff! We're very excited to work with her because she acts as a kind of DOC as well!  Haven't tasted the food yet but I'm sure it'll be fine!  Meet with Vicki! She'll go over everything with you!

Also, I was more worried about having the venue that I wanted rather than the food... You are only allowed to use certain catering companies at the WFP so we just opted for one of the cheaper ones to keep costs down.
    June 2013~Venue
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • If you don't mind, can you share how your budget worked out at wfp and pasta house? That's a venue I was also considering and would really like to know how it would work. Also, do you have to rent tables and chairs too? Thanks so so much!! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards