Ohio-Columbus
Options

Franklin Park Conservatory

I visited the FPC and fell in love!!!! So beautiful and stunning.  Are you planning to marry here or have you already? I'd love to hear your comments.

We are having a difficult time choosing a date.  With only 50-65 guests, we are looking at the Bride's Garden/Grove/Veridian.  Bride's Garden is PERFECT for a wedding and pictures would look awesome .  We would like a July wedding - I'm just terrified of it being a rainy day.  I'm definetly not choosing this location for the rain option so it's something I have to think about. 

Also, Friday pricing is a little cheaper than a Saturday.  Does anyone know for sure if venders are cheaper on a Friday as well, like DJ, etc?  Most of our family is coming from 2 hours away, so I just keep thinking it will be easier for them on a Saturday. 

So many decisions to make.  Any advice or pointers???

Re: Franklin Park Conservatory

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If you had it in the veridian area I think you would be safe (its air conditioned right?) I was just at FPC about two weeks ago and boy was it hot and muggy. I can't imagine how bad it would be on a day in July.

From what I can tell Fridays are cheap and so are Sundays.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am having my wedding on a Friday next July, and so far a lot of the vendors have been a lot cheaper.  My DJ took $250 off, and some photographers have good deals.  Just ask them!  Sometimes they don't mention it unless you ask!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 323 Made the List!
    image 114 Are ready to Dance!
    image 12 Can't make it!
    image 197 Forgot how to use Snail Mail!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are having our ceremony at the Palm House (or maybe out on the West Terrace depending on weather) next April. FPC is pricey, no doubt, but I had my heart set on getting married there. We are having our reception elsewhere and going with budget-friendly vendors to save money in other areas so that we could splurge a little on the venue. The Bride's Garden is gorgeous - I hope you end up having your wedding there is that's what you decide you want to do :) Good luck with your planning!
    kissing

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP: 10/26/11 EDD: 6/28/12

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi! I am having my ceremony and reception at Franklin Park May 28 next year.  I also fell in love immediately, it is soooo beautiful.  We have a lot more people, so Brides Garden was not a choice for us, but it is gorgeous.  I know that most of the areas at Franklin Park come with an Indoor option also (for example, we're going to have the ceremony on the West Terrace, but can use the Palm House if it rains).  It is pricely but you will find better deals on Fridays or Sundays as long as it's not a holiday weekend.  I do think it will probably be exceptionally hot in July, but it will probably be hot anywhere in July.  I know the Palm House will probably be muggy in in the end of May when I'm having mine too, but it's so gorgeous that I couldn't say no.  I heard they always do a pretty good job of bringing in fans and trying to cool the area off as much as possible.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards