Ohio-Cleveland

Perry Township Community Center- N.E. Ohio

Hello!
Has anyone been to a wedding or had their wedding at the Perry Township Community Center?  My fiance and I really had our hearts set on a rustic-type (barn, fall themed) wedding.  We have looked everywhere and most places are just too small.

Someone told us about the Perry Twp. Community Center.  The building is very nice, only 5 years old and it overlooks Lake Erie.  Beautiful place for a wedding ceremony and the reception area is huge.  This is the perfect size for our 200 person guest list.  I just don't know if a wedding over-looking the lake would seem normal for an October wedding.  I feel like it would change the whole theme of a "fall wedding".  Any input is appreciated! 

Re: Perry Township Community Center- N.E. Ohio

• I attended a wedding at the Perry Community Center about a year ago (I think it was early September). It was a nice building with plenty of room and there is a big covered patio and adjacent grassy area that overlooks the lake. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be appropriate for a fall wedding - its a beautiful view!

Unfortunately, when we were there for the wedding, it was windy, rainy and chilly, so the ceremony was moved indoors. The one side of the building has a view of the trash dumpster, so if you're having the ceremony inside, be sure to pick the non-dumpster side!  Also keep in mind that if you are outside and the leaves have partially fallen, you may be able to see the cooling towers and steam for the power plant nearby. I don't think it would be a huge problem, but I don't want you to be surprised.

Angela
  • My cousin had his wedding and reception there. It was nice.
  • Thanks for the replies!
  • I love that venue and tried to get it for our October 2012 wedding.  It was booked for a full year!  If you're interested I would try to book early.  We're also doing a rustic wedding- a clambake reception, mason jar centerpieces, and the girls are all wearing cowboy boots.  I think the lake view is lovely and there's both indoor and outdoor space that you'd have to yourselves and wouldn't compete with a rustic theme.
  • Thanks for the reply Lrini1.  We have a date penciled in there in October of 2013.  Still trying to decide though.  What colors are you going with?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards