Luxury Weddings

Food Related Question

Alright, so the 14th is our tasting, which means that the resort wants to know our selections for the tasting by Saturday.

They will have us doing the food tasting followed by a wine tasting, after which the head chef will come out and speak with us for awhile to discuss what we did/didn't like.

We are doing a buffet style meal (one of the few requests FI had) so I want to make sure there's a nice selection, but I am torn on a few meals, so I figured I'd ask you girls what you think.

I get 2 selections for entrees besides the pasta. I am thinking maybe one red meat and for the other do you think chicken or seafood?

Here are a few of the options that have caught our attention:
- Slow roasted prime rib with rosemary Yorkshire pudding and pan juices
- Carved striploin of Canadian beef topped with caramelized onions and mushrooms and Cabernet jus
- Roasted chicken breast, sage and marjoram sauce
- Slow roasted garlic and lemon chicken  breast with spinach cream sauce
- Pan roasted halibut with vanilla and lime butter sauce
- Atlantic salmon with artichoke and sauce vierge
- Ontario lake trout with saffron aioli and crispy capers
- Grilled and marinated breast of chicken with lobster agnolotti with tarragon sauce

I'm SO not good at having to choose!

Re: Food Related Question

• BMcLeodTeamBMcLeodTeam member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited July 2012
    Ok, so here's our tentative tasting menu. Thoughts?

Salads:
    1) Caprese salad of mozzarella, vine ripened tomatoes, shaved prosciutto, extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinigrette
    2) Butter lettuce, red oak and crispy iceberg salad with cucumber ribbons, pickled carrots, radish, smoked Muscovy duck & champagne vinaigrette

Entrees:
    1) Parmesan crusted chicken with lemon sage & Asiago cream sauce
    2) Tenderloin of Canadian beef with crispy shallots & porcini mushroom sauce
    3) Orecchiette with rapini, spinach & garlic infused olive oil

Dessert:
    A selection of pastries prepared by the Pastry Chef
  • If you are doing a buffet, seafood can dry out. Even the best caterers cant help it, any slight temp change, it cooked a second too long or too short can make it dry out on the buffet line. Yes caterers are awsome about making sure it doesnt but it still can happen. It happens more with that then with chicken or beef. I prefer the seafood and beef options. Maybe im bias bc that is what we are doing. I feel seafood has a nicer touch to it. However in your situation I think you doing the right thing with the chicken and beef options you picked. The chicken sounds amazing! I want some! Wait until your food tasting to deside, try it all with an open mind bc Im sure your change your mind after. And dont stress im sure whatever you pick will be amazing and everyone will like it. With a buffet you cant go wrong, everyone will find something they will eat!
  • Thank you! I had that exact thought about seafood drying out and FI looked at me like I had 2 heads haha!
  • Most men have no idea! Atleast your FI is going to your food tasting with you! Mine isnt. Its all on me! Show him my post if he doesnt believe you about the seafood. We are doing a plated dinner, so we are doing seafood. I have a lot of friends that own restaurants and do catering so I know a lot about food and buffets. Let me know how your food tasting goes, I want to know what you liked and all about it!
  • Thanks, looking forward to it! I think he's letting go on the seafood idea now becuase I let him have his choice of red meat and he's too excited to try it lol
  • I think the chicken and beef sound fantastic!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_luxury-weddings_food-related-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:361381ea-42c9-44e7-b994-d26049874781Discussion:2b3cab43-10a8-40fa-b28a-031c5bb63cbfPost:330ac875-2d36-4765-bb94-0532dc3b9d49">Re: Food Related Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks, looking forward to it! I think he's letting go on the seafood idea now becuase I let him have his choice of red meat and he's too excited to try it lol
    Posted by BMcLeodTeam[/QUOTE]

Lol, my fiance said he wanted Filet mignon. Didnt care about anything else we have he just wants that. So when we looked at venues if they couldnt do filet as an option we werent using them. Needless to say our venue has his filet for him and anyone else who wants it. Men and there red meat! LOL, amazing what makes them happy.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_luxury-weddings_food-related-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:361381ea-42c9-44e7-b994-d26049874781Discussion:2b3cab43-10a8-40fa-b28a-031c5bb63cbfPost:896f50ff-66be-42b5-876b-f9eb348ef9e9">Re: Food Related Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Food Related Question : Lol, my fiance said he wanted Filet mignon. Didnt care about anything else we have he just wants that. So when we looked at venues if they couldnt do filet as an option we werent using them. Needless to say our venue has his filet for him and anyone else who wants it. Men and there red meat! LOL, amazing what makes them happy.
    Posted by pisha82[/QUOTE]

That was my FI and his red meat options. He had 3 or 4 beef dishes he wanted, and it needed to be one of them lol I don't eat red meat at all so I didn't care what he did with that anyway haha
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_luxury-weddings_food-related-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:361381ea-42c9-44e7-b994-d26049874781Discussion:2b3cab43-10a8-40fa-b28a-031c5bb63cbfPost:9aa9c663-0040-45fb-bdb8-621f6711a373">Re: Food Related Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Food Related Question : That was my FI and his red meat options. He had 3 or 4 beef dishes he wanted, and it needed to be one of them lol I don't eat red meat at all so I didn't care what he did with that anyway haha
    LOL, as long as he has something to make him happy right!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_luxury-weddings_food-related-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:361381ea-42c9-44e7-b994-d26049874781Discussion:2b3cab43-10a8-40fa-b28a-031c5bb63cbfPost:4995b6f1-ebed-4573-9781-c6aabdee714b">Re: Food Related Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Food Related Question : LOL, as long as he has something to make him happy right!
    Posted by pisha82[/QUOTE]

That's just it, if its going to be THAT easy to make him happy, then I'm all in lol
  • The tasting was AMAZING! The food was soo good, and the chef was awesome to talk to, very laid back. We went with the selected menu however made a couple small changes: Prosciutto to be served on the side so the caprese salad can be a veggie option, also we are having the chicken and its sauce served seperately as I wanted to have more sauce then it was served with lol
  • pisha82pisha82 member
    First Comment
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_luxury-weddings_food-related-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:361381ea-42c9-44e7-b994-d26049874781Discussion:2b3cab43-10a8-40fa-b28a-031c5bb63cbfPost:a85fa110-f630-43a7-bda5-6da7c4398b37">Re: Food Related Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]The tasting was AMAZING! The food was soo good, and the chef was awesome to talk to, very laid back. We went with the selected menu however made a couple small changes: Prosciutto to be served on the side so the caprese salad can be a veggie option, also we are having the chicken and its sauce served seperately as I wanted to have more sauce then it was served with lol

Perfect, sounds like it will be amazing! Thats great they are so easy to work with! I bet you cant wait for the food that day now! I am so afraid like everyone tells me that we wont have time to eat.
  • That's definitely been a concern of mine, I want to EAT this good food lol
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_luxury-weddings_food-related-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:361381ea-42c9-44e7-b994-d26049874781Discussion:2b3cab43-10a8-40fa-b28a-031c5bb63cbfPost:d53c4183-f626-41da-adbc-2257bfa8fbec">Re: Food Related Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's definitely been a concern of mine, I want to EAT this good food lol

I know so do I. We have an amazing cocktail hour, and I want to go to it and not being doing pictures then! And I want to be able to sit and eat my food too! We have eaten at the place several times and the food is very good, I want some that day! We have a four course meal, so idk if I will get every course but I atleast want my main dinner!
  • We are missing the cocktail hour, but they are having some hors d'heuvres and drinks brought to us where we're taking our pictures so we're not TOTALLY missing out... but I don't wanna miss out on dinner! Lol
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_luxury-weddings_food-related-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:361381ea-42c9-44e7-b994-d26049874781Discussion:2b3cab43-10a8-40fa-b28a-031c5bb63cbfPost:5ae88aa1-654e-4e28-b822-afcae24ce574">Re: Food Related Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are missing the cocktail hour, but they are having some hors d'heuvres and drinks brought to us where we're taking our pictures so we're not TOTALLY missing out... but I don't wanna miss out on dinner! Lol

Awww, we are doing pics before so we dont miss it. We also have a gap between the Church and reception bc we are providing transportation to the reception and back. We need to give people time to get to the hotel and get driven to the reception. So we will have time for pics then.
  • Ya, we're providing transport too although its not THAT far, just to the other side of the resort. The resort is using their 6 person golf carts to shuttle guests who would like a ride rather than walking.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_luxury-weddings_food-related-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:361381ea-42c9-44e7-b994-d26049874781Discussion:2b3cab43-10a8-40fa-b28a-031c5bb63cbfPost:8ad48087-ea93-4786-b04e-e79892aeb525">Re: Food Related Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ya, we're providing transport too although its not THAT far, just to the other side of the resort. The resort is using their 6 person golf carts to shuttle guests who would like a ride rather than walking.

Thats so cute the golf carts! I love it!
  • I would factor in allergies for the buffet.  Many people do not eat seafood due to allergies, and many people do not eat beef due to heath concerns. Chicken seems safer - and still delicious!  Bon appetit!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards