Texas-Austin

Digital media and technology changes

I think this Blog tip is worth sharing. But I see there have been several posts about vendor attacks and wonder if there needs to a post from the moderator on what we can and can't post - props to our vendor or choices after the wedding or just respond to questions? Thanks Kel

This blog tip is about quick changes in techologoy and how noone photographs with film but what happens when digital techology changes to your wedding photos? Food for thought for all of us. Love the "floppy drive car" picture at the end.

http://jmarkphotography.blogspot.com/

Re: Digital media and technology changes

• SarahPLizSarahPLiz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the issue is when someone only makes one post ever, and its to plug a vendor. Also, formatting that is an obvious copy and paste job tip us off. I actually like the tips you have been posting, and they aren't advertising the photographer as much as giving suggestions on what to do and what not to do in regards to photography.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Mrs.PurdueMrs.Purdue member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    **not a moderator, but been on this board for 4 years now**

there's nothing (well, almost nothing) that sincere brides that 'belong' on this board can't post about their vendors.  Even negative reviews are allowed, although there are vendor lurkers and some have been known to get down right $hitty if they read something negative that you wrote about them. 

the problem is with 'fake brides' or 'hired brides'.  these aren't regular posters, they're either vendors disguising as brides or someone that the vendor has asked come onto this board to promote him/her.  like pp said - if it's your first post or weird formatting, then you're likely a troll, so get lost.  it only hurts those businesses!
    image  image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • jmsalinas1jmsalinas1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, there is a certain Austin Wedding Photography  company that brides ask about on here, and it seems that there is one girl who always posts a great review about. But if you look at her (almost) blank profile, the photographer's name is listed as the Groom! I don't know anyone talented enough to photograph their own wedding! lol ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards