Connecticut

Where are you honeymoon-ing?

SO excited, we officially booked our honeymoon this past weekend. We are going to THAILAND!!! Where are you all going/ where did you go on your honeymoons?
image BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Where are you honeymoon-ing?

• edited December 2011
    Congrats on booking the HM! I've been to Thailand and it's amazing. You're going to have an awesome time! FI and I so far are deciding between South Pacific (Bora Bora or FIji, Asia(visiting family in Taiwan/Japan) or going on the new Oasis of the Sea from RCCL. 
  • acapalboacapalbo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went to Rangali Island in the Maldives, the most amazing place I have ever seen!  Enjoy Thailand, that is on our list too!
  • edited December 2011
    wow I'm soo jealous of you ladies...we are going to the riviera maya in Mexico although our dream hm would have been bora bora
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on such an awesome check! Thailand looks AMAZING!

We booked our HM 13 months out from the wedding because we were so excited and knew what we wanted. We are going to Fiji! We can't believe how close it's getting and it's all starting to feel more like reality. We're not looking forward to the long flight (10 hours from LAX) but we know once we get there it'll be worth it! 
  • edited December 2011
    St Lucia! woohooo :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Vikki2payVikki2pay member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did Disney and had so much fun, DH keeps bugging me to go back again.
  • AngelaN611AngelaN611 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    St. Lucia
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    215image 174image 41image
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_honeymoon-ing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:303c13e9-4545-4bcf-90c4-6ff75cd80dfcPost:57966231-27b9-4e19-8edb-0a16d61be15a">Re: Where are you honeymoon-ing?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We did Disney and had so much fun, DH keeps bugging me to go back again.
    Posted by Vikki2pay[/QUOTE]

Where in disney did you stay?  We are looking to book ours there and the website is so overwhelming there are soooo many resorts!
  • Vanessa630Vanessa630 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're leaning toward Hawaii. FI LOVES Disney (where we got engaged) but we go there once every couple years so we wanted to go somewhere different. Although, he just read that Disney is building a hotel on one of the islands so if it's ready in time, we could manage to incorporate the two 
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats on Tailand!  That sounds awesome.

We did a week in Southern CA (San Diego, LA, Disneyland) then a week on the Big Island of Hawaii.  We had an amazing time in both places.  I highly recommend both.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Vanessa630Vanessa630 member
    edited December 2011
    Foozle- I was thinking about that too! That sounds awesome and a really nice way to split up the long plane ride to Hawaii. We've never been to CA.
  • ggmaeggmae member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went to Paradise Island, Bahamas and had a great time!
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats on booking your HM. I have a friend who got married last year and went to Thailand. They had a great time.
    We are going to St. Lucia.
  • edited December 2011
    Ooh Thailand and Bora Bora!  Those were two places that we considered going.  I hope we make it to both someday!  We're going to the Osa Peninsula in Costa Rica.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • herb0622herb0622 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_honeymoon-ing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:303c13e9-4545-4bcf-90c4-6ff75cd80dfcPost:d559f9b8-2e18-4b43-b633-c87c0b035e81">Re: Where are you honeymoon-ing?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where are you honeymoon-ing? : Where in disney did you stay?  We are looking to book ours there and the website is so overwhelming there are soooo many resorts!
    Posted by coffeecole[/QUOTE]

We're doing a disney honeymoon! It's actually where we got engaged too. I loveee the Beach Club and Grand Floridian. Port Orleans -French Quarter is also really nice. They are having amazing deals on their hotels and packages right now. IThe site can be somewhat confusing, if you have any questions send me a PM!
    Anniversary
  • kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We are planning on Hawaii as well!! I CANNOT WAIT!! We haven't been on vaca in sooo long! I also wanted to incorporate Disney on the way back in Cali but that would be awesome if it was done by the time we went!!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    herb0622 & coffeecole :
    any questions about Disney, feel free to ask me - I used to work there :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    That sounds do exciting!  We are staying in the states and going to the Outer Banks.
  • baystateapplebaystateapple member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    We would love to go somewhere warm, but if we can't afford it, we'll be going somewhere for a long weekend in the states.  I don't know where yet.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_honeymoon-ing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:303c13e9-4545-4bcf-90c4-6ff75cd80dfcPost:1316be97-b020-43e6-9185-7bdbd9d92466">Re: Where are you honeymoon-ing?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Foozle- I was thinking about that too! That sounds awesome and a really nice way to split up the long plane ride to Hawaii. We've never been to CA.
    Posted by Vanessa630[/QUOTE]

It was my first time on the west coast, and we had a great time.  We got the fun of a day in Disney, but we also did so many other things.  It definitely broke up the long flight.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We got married this summer and went to Thailand for three weeks.  We started in Bangkok, then went to Chaing Mai, then to Phuket and ended up back in Bangkok.  It was an amazing trip and one I would do again in a heartbeat.  What part of Thailand are you going to?  I can give you names of restaurants and tour guides if you want if you are going to some of the same places.  We took over 1700 pictures when we were there.  I wish I was back there right now!!
  • OLJ1010OLJ1010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_honeymoon-ing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:303c13e9-4545-4bcf-90c4-6ff75cd80dfcPost:3e019bef-525e-4072-9e55-3c35e75bb767">Re: Where are you honeymoon-ing?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We got married this summer and went to Thailand for three weeks.  We started in Bangkok, then went to Chaing Mai, then to Phuket and ended up back in Bangkok.  It was an amazing trip and one I would do again in a heartbeat.  What part of Thailand are you going to?  I can give you names of restaurants and tour guides if you want if you are going to some of the same places.  We took over 1700 pictures when we were there.  I wish I was back there right now!!
    Posted by Sterna1[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I PM-ed you, I would love to hear more! Thank you!

</div>
    image BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011

crushme8602 I am interested in Disney world for our HM and would def like some info. I will message you now. Thanks

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image
  • Tink8331Tink8331 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are going to St.Thomas/St.John's (US Virgin Islands)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards