Christian Weddings

recessional

I know this question has been asked before, but I am not sure how to search the board without going through every page.

I am trying to get ceremony music finalized and need a recessional song.  We want something Christian and upbeat.  We will have a pianist and a violinist playing.  Right now Handel's Water Music is what I am leaning toward because I can't think of anything, but I'm not sold on it and FI doesn't particularly like it.

Here is our music for the rest of the ceremony if that helps...

A Parent’s Prayer – Steven Curtis Chapman (parents to seats & Moms lighting unity candle)

Canon in D (with Seek Ye First??) – processional  

Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring – processional

You Raise Me Up – Josh Groban(prelude) 

I Can Only Imagine – MercyMe (prelude)

How Beautiful – Twila Paris (prelude)

Made To Worship – Chris Tomlin (congregation during ceremony)

When God Made You – Newsong (prelude)

In Christ Alone – Newsboys (prelude)

Your Love is Extravagant – (prelude)

The Prayer - Josh Groban (unit candle)

Help?!?  Thanks ladies!

Re: recessional

• We are walking out to "500 miles" the Steven Curtis Chapman version.  We had a hard time trying to find something and I love this song.  We are having my friends sing so they are making it their own version with SCC's words.  I love all your music so far!  I'm sure you'll find something.
  • We walked out to "Throne Room" from Star Wars, as a surprise to DH.  Then, it switched to songs by Relient K: Taking You With Me, Best Thing, and Must Have Done Something Right.  

You can click on "Planning Bio" below my tickers, and then all of our music is under "Ceremony."  

Off the top of my head, "Light of Day" by Jimmy Needham is one of my favorites.  
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqpGut02VXc
  • Well, I'm not sure ours fits with the rest of your music. We wanted something really upbeat and fun, so we did a cropped edit of "I'm Taking You With Me" by Relient K and danced our way out of the church. ;)
  • I'm loving the Relient K suggestions because I went to school with the lead singer, but unfortunately, Matt's style doesn't fit with what I have in my head.  :) 

Thanks for the suggestions so far!  Keep them coming, please!

• GunzNRoses213GunzNRoses213 member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    I have How Beautiful in my "set list" somewhere as well ...
    Love is All You Need
  • naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited March 2012
    We walked out to The Turtles - Happy Together.  It's not Christian, but it's upbeat and totally non-offensive.

Do you have a favourite hymn that would work well?

Also, you have great music choices!
  • We're ending the ceremony with a congregational song of Today I Choose (specifically because of the chorus: As for me and my house, we will serve You), and then we're taking a pause for the pastor to officially announce us "Mr and Mrs. ____" not just "husband and wife" from when we kiss a little earlier in the service.

then we're walking out to our pianist rocking out to the same music :)

Our other songs are Great is Thy Faithfulness (hymn on piano), O For a Thousand Tongues to sing (David Crowder), Our God is Greater (Chris Tomlin), and In Christ Alone (Newsboys) (the last three with a band made of our family members). Processional is the traditional/hymn O For a Thousand Tongues to sing piano music and Trumpet Voluntaire for me. We're then doing a medley of a bunch of our favourite contemporary songs over the speakers for after the recessional as people are in the receiving line and just hanging around.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards