Wedding Etiquette Forum

Night Thread

Re: Night Thread

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-thread-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dc093487-0318-4c3b-a8b6-a661e3cd4c52Post:7c48f451-cd53-44fe-bf82-14ed61b2093b">Re: Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Night Thread : Once, during my (one) track season in HS, I was supposed to be aqua jogging.  I got bored and irritated and just swam.  And then I was sorry I swam because I had an injured shoulder (which was why I was doing track in the first place).  BUT IT WAS SO BORING.  I'm glad you like it though.  Ha.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

<div>I do different strokes and workouts where I change how fast I'm going and do intervals. I'm that weirdo randomly splashing in the pool with an aqua belt. </div>
  • J&K10910J&K10910 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-thread-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dc093487-0318-4c3b-a8b6-a661e3cd4c52Post:34cab77b-d70b-429d-8daf-88533c5381bf">Re:Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just reinjured my shoulder swimming in the ocean a few weeks ago. Apparently swimming is no good for bad shoulders.
    Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]

It's how I destroyed mine.  I always laugh when people say you can't get injured swimming.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • The cross country boys used to come in to water jog in the diving well during girls swim practice.  Fun times :).
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-thread-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dc093487-0318-4c3b-a8b6-a661e3cd4c52Post:039eae05-7497-4dd7-a5b2-8e7e50ba6bdd">Re: Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Night Thread : Yup, EA Active.  It's pretty good, actually.  I like it.  I haven't used it in forever, but it's decent!

Also, a lot of the activities on the Fit don't require the board, so if she has the game, she can do some of the activities.

Y'all are putting me in the mood to do the Fit right now, but...yeah. That's not going to happen. I'll just exercise by walking and getting that bowl of ice cream now.
  • heb557heb557 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-thread-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dc093487-0318-4c3b-a8b6-a661e3cd4c52Post:730b9301-4ae8-499a-bde8-bdaac495d37f">Re: Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Speaking of working out, I have a friend who exceeds the Wii balance board weight limit, so she can't use Wii Fit. Does Wii make any workout games that don't use the balance board? Isn't there something like Wii Active?
    Posted by wrigleyville[/QUOTE]

<div>H just started working out with the wii fit today, and I laughed at him the whole time. </div><div>
    </div><div>But anyway, I think if she's into dancing and is hard core about it she could work out with some of the dancing games. Like learning how to line dance and such. They do not use the balance board and soley go off arm movements. So she would have to be dedicated in the leg dept. and stick with it, aka actually do the leg moves. Example: when I'm tired i just move my arms and get perfect scores, that's obviously not what the game was meant for.</div>
    We're Married!! And I couldn't be happier!
  • LizzieyounceLizzieyounce member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-thread-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dc093487-0318-4c3b-a8b6-a661e3cd4c52Post:1dc45be8-bf10-448e-927f-dc160c47cc91">Re:Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, I mean, don't get me wrong; he looks fucking fantastic, but he makes me feel like a fatty. He's always been super active though, and he loves it. I just can't wait until we have another car, hah.
    Posted by Anysunrise[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Judging from your wedding pics, you aren't exactly,erm fat, Any. But I get what you mean. When I hit the gym ,it's for a half hour on the treadmill then 2 circuts on the Nautilus. Then I'm ready to go home....FI HAS to do laps.</div><div>
    </div><div>He's buff, except for the belly, but he hates crunches.  He also has MS and the weekly injection he gives himself adds to the belly fat.  The fact he won't do crunches doesn't help. </div><div>
    </div><div>I don't really mind, but he biiithes about it.  In spite of the fact that he can chase a criminal for a few blocks and feel fine afterwards.

</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-thread-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dc093487-0318-4c3b-a8b6-a661e3cd4c52Post:039eae05-7497-4dd7-a5b2-8e7e50ba6bdd">Re: Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Night Thread : Yup, EA Active.  It's pretty good, actually.  I like it.  I haven't used it in forever, but it's decent!
    Oh, awesome. I'll let her know. Thanks!
  • I love lifting weights, but I'm so afraid of making my shoulder worse. I enjoy swimming as well, but I definitely won't be doing that again anytime soon. I need to do more cardio, but I hate it.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-thread-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dc093487-0318-4c3b-a8b6-a661e3cd4c52Post:d4cce09a-c8eb-4b23-b5bd-ebc48c17abe3">Re: Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Night Thread : H just started working out with the wii fit today, and I laughed at him the whole time.  But anyway, I think if she's into dancing and is hard core about it she could work out with some of the dancing games. Like learning how to line dance and such. They do not use the balance board and soley go off arm movements. So she would have to be dedicated in the leg dept. and stick with it, aka actually do the leg moves. Example: when I'm tired i just move my arms and get perfect scores, that's obviously not what the game was meant for.
    Posted by heb557[/QUOTE]
    I was going to suggest something like "Just Dance" because she looooooves dancing. I've been meaning to try that one too.
  • Oh, I'm not Liz, at all. But he makes me feel so guilty for not wanting to work out when I know I want the results that would come from it. I'm like, he can go do this for hours, and after one I'm ready to hit the couch, lol.
  • And i should add, that while I do workout for an hour, it is not strenuous by any means.
  • heb557heb557 member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-thread-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dc093487-0318-4c3b-a8b6-a661e3cd4c52Post:2b632cd2-7002-4b8c-a2d6-d5c3457c631e">Re: Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Night Thread : I was going to suggest something like "Just Dance" because she looooooves dancing. I've been meaning to try that one too.
    Posted by wrigleyville[/QUOTE]

<div>My MIL got me the line dancing one for Christmas, it's fun I just don't use it a lot. I wish it was like xbox where it monitered your legs too. I think my dedication would be 100% then..</div>
  • I wish FI was still like that, Any. He looked amazing before law school. Now, he has a belly. You can still see that he used to be built, but he's much softer these days. I love him regardless, obviously, but he was also happier when he was more active.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-thread-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dc093487-0318-4c3b-a8b6-a661e3cd4c52Post:f62bbfed-cc44-4b6d-9c77-35e093ba3f79">Re:Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wish FI was still like that, Any. He looked amazing before law school. Now, he has a belly. You can still see that he used to be built, but he's much softer these days. I love him regardless, obviously, but he was also happier when he was more active.

<div>Hah, yeah I got mine after law school =P But he swam  in high school, and then ran on the track team in college, and never really stopped, so it's just habit for him at this point. I wish I had done something when I was younger and gotten into that same habit. The most I ever did was the two months of summer biking and swimming.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-thread-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dc093487-0318-4c3b-a8b6-a661e3cd4c52Post:5ecdc3ec-19b2-4d80-9ac7-3d40f2782e30">Re: Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]No healthy eating tonight; fish and chips, malt vinegar and all.  Yes, even though it has been answered, DINK is Dual Income No Kids. FI makes it permenent in one week. 
    Posted by Harry87[/QUOTE]
    Your sig pic made me laugh so hard I started coughing. That is AWESOME.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-thread-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dc093487-0318-4c3b-a8b6-a661e3cd4c52Post:ff1be94c-a127-45af-9fd8-62edb9ab9ac4">Re:Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh, I'm not Liz, at all. But he makes me feel so guilty for not wanting to work out when I know I want the results that would come from it. I'm like, he can go do this for hours, and after one I'm ready to hit the couch, lol.
    Posted by Anysunrise[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I know what you mean.</div><div>
    </div><div>If there were a machine that I could step into and have the bod I want, I'd do it in a second. One and I'm totally done.  Ahhh hell, at least we work out.

</div>
  • In Response to Re:Night Thread:[QUOTE]In Response to Re:Night Thread:I wish FI was still like that, Any. He looked amazing before law school. Now, he has a belly. You can still see that he used to be built, but he's much softer these days. I love him regardless, obviously, but he was also happier when he was more active.Posted by angelstar975Hah, yeah I got mine after law school P But he swam nbsp;in high school, and then ran on the track team in college, and never really stopped, so it's just habit for him at this point. I wish I had done something when I was younger and gotten into that same habit. The most I ever did was the two months of summer biking and swimming. Posted by Anysunrise[/QUOTE]

I didn't know your H was a lawyer. What kind of law does he practice? FI was always really active as well, but other than law school, he's had a lot of personal stuff going on, so I see why he fell out of it. I think he'll get back into it soon though.
  • I love the Labrynth.

Guys, I don't know what to do with Box Kitty.  She's started twitching again, and the neuro wants us to give her her meds 3x a day instead of 2 and see if that helps.  The problem is that it's not possible for us to give her her meds 3x a day most days.  To top it off, we leave for vacation in 18 days, and we don't know ANYONE that can give her her meds at all while we're gone.  We still don't even know for sure where she'll be.  I'm so stressed about it.

• Aaaand I'm off. I'm for the bath, finishing the special on The Godfather and then the movie.

Y'all have an awesome evening.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-thread-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dc093487-0318-4c3b-a8b6-a661e3cd4c52Post:a97ae14f-59d9-44e7-8937-bcaf3d3b382a">Re: Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love the Labrynth. Guys, I don't know what to do with Box Kitty.  She's started twitching again, and the neuro wants us to give her her meds 3x a day instead of 2 and see if that helps.  The problem is that it's not possible for us to give her her meds 3x a day most days.  To top it off, we leave for vacation in 18 days, and we don't know ANYONE that can give her her meds at all while we're gone.  We still don't even know for sure where she'll be.  I'm so stressed about it.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Does your vet board?  If not, can he recommend someone who boards and can give meds?

</div>
  • I'm back, very sucessful trip to VS, Diiiiiiiiick's, <-------CAN'T BELIEVE I CAN'T USE THAT WORD TO TELL YOU WHERE I WENT, UGH!!!!!   and Bath and Body Works.

I had a coupon for $15 off any bra, and a $10 VS bucks that they give you during your birthday month, and a coupon for a free hiphugger undie.

So I come out with one bra, one eyeliner, and one undie for under $3.  Crazy, stuff! 
  • By the time I get to the gym, it's almost 6 if I want to eat at a decent hour the most I can do is 1 hour.  I was doing really well with doing both weights and cardio but then I got out of the rountine.  I am at least fairly consistent with doing cardio during the week.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • angelstar975angelstar975 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited July 2012
    J, what happened to your H's coworker who was going to give her the medicine? I would be stressed out too, poor Box Kitty. How old is she?
  • J&K10910J&K10910 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-thread-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dc093487-0318-4c3b-a8b6-a661e3cd4c52Post:b03770b7-a39b-4e44-828a-3f882847ba9c">Re: Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Night Thread : Does your vet board?  If not, can he recommend someone who boards and can give meds?
    Posted by Lizzieyounce[/QUOTE]

We're pretty sure that boarding her would turn her into a complete basket case.  She doesn't do well anywhere but home.

• J, I'm sorry. Is boarding her an option? I know it wouldn't be my first choice, but if that's the way she can get her meds while you're gone, it might be worth it. 

Is there anyone that could come to your house and give Box Kitty her medicine while you guys are at work if she needs to add that third dose?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-thread-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dc093487-0318-4c3b-a8b6-a661e3cd4c52Post:94c678cf-7f5b-4fba-8f96-b8de00fc83b7">Re: Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm back, very sucessful trip to VS, Diiiiiiiiick's, <-------CAN'T BELIEVE I CAN'T USE THAT WORD TO TELL YOU WHERE I WENT, UGH!!!!!   and Bath and Body Works. I had a coupon for $15 off any bra, and a $10 VS bucks that they give you during your birthday month, and a coupon for a free hiphugger undie. So I come out with one bra, one eyeliner, and one undie for under $3.  Crazy, stuff! 
    Posted by ski2play[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>That's awesome!  You shop like I do.</div>
  • heb557heb557 member
    Ski I have the same coups, I have to go this week. I've been meaning to go for 2 months now :(
  • AnysunriseAnysunrise member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-thread-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dc093487-0318-4c3b-a8b6-a661e3cd4c52Post:fd1c795c-3470-4724-b3aa-fc21374c8ba0">Re:Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Night Thread: I didn't know your H was a lawyer. What kind of law does he practice? FI was always really active as well, but other than law school, he's had a lot of personal stuff going on, so I see why he fell out of it. I think he'll get back into it soon though.

<div>He's not. He knew his first year of law school that he never wanted to practice law, and in the middle of his third year his girlfriend of 5 years went seriously psycho, so he just dropped out and moved back home to get away from her. Kinda sucks that we're paying his loans for it now, but for the cost it'd take to go back and finish, he might as well go get halfway through a degree in something he actually wants to do, lol.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-thread-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dc093487-0318-4c3b-a8b6-a661e3cd4c52Post:38376238-0e90-4745-8940-9b8a326fc58f">Re:Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]J, what happened to your H's coworker who was going to give her the medicine? I would be stressed out too, poor Box Kitty. How old is she?

We had her over for her to try to do it, and Box Kitty tried to bite her hand off.  Needless to say, she isn't terribly keen on doing it for a week, and I don't blame her.

She's 4.  And she didn't used to be like this.  She was FINE until after our HM.  After our HM, she changed so much, and then she started having these issues.  It's so frustrating.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards