Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

New Bakery

So there is a new bakery that I love and the staff is awesome. I have a tasting scheduled there. The problem is the bakery is less than one year old. I know most new businesses don't make it.

What is a tactful way to bring this up? I  do not want to loss my deposit or be stuck without a cake. Any advice?

Re: New Bakery

• SD3194SD3194 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think you'll be okay. If they do go out of business you still have a contract with them and they would have to refund the money.
  • edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_new-bakery?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:23Discussion:1f055a74-6b2f-4e4a-b703-9246cc7dfdd1Post:d584e236-0914-41d9-8110-53aa7ccaa2bf">Re: New Bakery</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think you'll be okay. If they do go out of business you still have a contract with them and they would have to refund the money.
    Posted by SD3194[/QUOTE]

This is not exactly true. You very well may not get your money back if they go out of business. If they declare bankruptcy you will probably not get your money back, even if you have a contract.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards