Vermont

reception venue - inn?

Hi All, I am trying to plan a vermont wedding for about 120 for summer 2011. Does anyone have any suggestions as to affordable venues? I was hoping to have it at an inn but I am not sure whether or not I will be able to swing it on our budget...Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!Thanks,Erin

Re: reception venue - inn?

• edited December 2011
    what is your budget?  where in vt are you looking? 
  • edited December 2011
    when we were looking at inns for our wedding, we found them to be a little out of our price range (about $10,000-$15,000 for the location & food). Our budget is $10,000 for EVERYTHING, so we ended up taking another route. However, we looked at The Inn at Baldwin Creek and it is gorgeous. Sleepy Hollow Inn is also another popular one.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Erin: My fiance and I recently researched a number of Vermont Inns. While it looks like we'll be going with a non-Inn venue for our 2010 wedding, I wanted to share my favorite (and least favorites): WEST MOUNTAIN INN (Arlington, VT) -- This was my favorite Inn! The Innkeeper and wedding coordinator were both really accommodating. Unlike most Inns they didn't demand that we rent all of the rooms for the wedding, they have some beautiful unique suits on site. A couple were stuffy, but most were very charming and "Vermont-esque" There is a beautiful back garden where you can have an outdoor ceremony and a nice onsite barn for the reception. I found the facility fee was reasonable $2500-$4750 depending on the date, but I have a good feeling they would be open to negotiation. They are definitely worth calling. You can practically touch the Mountains. WILBURTON INN (Manchester, VT) -- I had such high hopes for this one. It has a beautiful entrance, amazing mountain top views and a marble staircase perfect for photos. Set back from the road you have a great private location. While the rooms at the inn were quaint and clean, however the rest of the inn (main rooms and grounds) could have used a bit of updating. It felt stale. COLONEL WILLIAMS INN (Wilmington, VT) -- They have a beautiful onsite barn for the reception, that could certainly fit your group of 120. However, the inn was just too old for our tastes. NOt sure how tight your budget it but the price here couldn't be beat... If you can look past the stuffiness in some of the rooms... I hope this helps you with your research!! Congrats
  • edited December 2011
    We have a wedding of a similar size for July of 2010 and we're getting married at the Stables in East Berkshire VT.  It's $500 to have the ceremony there and no charge for the reception venue.  Meals start at 39$ a head and the two guys that run it are great.  If you google "The Stables, East Berkshire VT" it'll come up.  If you give them a call they're very nice and helpful and their grounds are beautiful.  They have a garden and they'll even do the flowers if you'd like.  Good Luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Erin, We're getting married next October at the Old Tavern in Grafton, VT.  www.oldtavern.com  There is no site fee though there is a requirement that you rent out rooms both Friday and Saturday night.  Depending on how many guests you thing will stay over, this might be a possibility.  The dinner would be in the Tavern's dining rooms and then the dancing is in the attached barn.  The food there is AMAZING --- it's one of the reasons we picked the Old Tavern after attending a wedding there.  Virginia, the assistant inn keeper, coordinates all of the weddings and has been so helpful already!  Dinners start at $50/pp, which includes an appetizer, dinner and dessert.  I guess that would take up a good portion of your budget, but thought I'd reply!
  • edited December 2011
    ooops, guess I'm not supposed to put a website in there.  sorry about that!
  • edited December 2011
    My fiancé and I just booked our wedding at the Echo Lake Inn in Ludlow, VT. It's absolutely beautiful, quaint, and affordable compared to many other inns around. I believe meals begin at $36, but there is a site fee of around $3000. You may want to give Ruxana, their wedding coordinator, a call. She is LOVELY, and she'll tell you if Echo Lake can accommodate within your budget range. Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Lilac Inn in Brandon :)   Have you thought about a Sunday wedding?  They are wayyyy cheaper!!
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married Jan. 16th 2010 and our reception will be at the Middlebury Inn, in Middlebury Vermont. I could talk talk all day about how wonderful the Inn is to work with and how beautiful the place is....but I don't have the time :)
    feel free to check them out online...you won't regret it!!!
  • edited December 2011
    We were looking for a similar venue, but decided to find a vacation rental home instead - (we're doing all of our own food/alcohol, and there were too many restrictions with the inns and typical wedding venues). Some huge houses (6+ bedrooms) are available for under $2,000 for a week, and you've got so much more freedom that way... 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards