Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Becky Fowler/Dress Logistics Question

So maybe I'm over-thinking this, but, a few logistic questions:

1). When your dress came in from your bridal shop, did you just go try it on, pick it up and take to Becky? I am going this weekend to the shop to finalize veil selections, etc, but my appointment isn't withvBecky for another 3 weeks.

2). If you did bridals, assuming all alterations were done prior to your bridals? Afterwards, did you take it back to her, or stash it somewhere so the FI doesn't see it?

Sorry for the crazy questions!!

Re: Becky Fowler/Dress Logistics Question

• edited December 2011
    My dress came in two weeks after I ordered it last August, so I picked it up and took it home. Actually, I barely even saw my dress (I think they unzipped it a tiny bit so I could verify that it was my dress) let alone tried it on. Some stores might be different, and maybe I could've if I'd asked. Personally, I didn't care to.

I called Becky and made my alterations appointment, and she advised me to drop off my dress in mid January, if I remember right, and I'd get it back in early March. She might've advised me to come in a bit earlier if I was doing bridals, but I assured her I wasn't so I had a wide time frame.

Your dress is only with Becky while she's working on it -- as far as I know she can't store it. My bridal store gave me a bag that zipped all the way up, so it was hidden from DH the whole seven or so months it was in our house. That, and I had it in our spare bedroom closet that he never looks in. He wasn't that curious about it ... until I was in it, it was just a dress.
  • winechic25winechic25 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Perfect, makes me feel better, it's obviously much simpler than I am making it! ;-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards