Missouri-St Louis

What to wear

So FI and I just scheduled E-pics for September 4th in Forest Park. We know we want a variety of outfits from super casual to semi-dressy. What colors would look best in the outdoor environment. Our wedding colors are Midnight blue and Teal. Do I try and have some blue or stick to neutral colors. I know big prints wouldn't look as good but I'm lost about what to wear

Re: What to wear

• edited December 2011
    I do not recommend white.  Nothing too busy.  And don't do matchy matchy.  Also if you look up the color wheel, you could always wear complimentary colors.  Or wear colors in the same color pallet.

Have fun!
  • edited December 2011
    Yep.  My photographer suggested a few things- make sure at least one of your shirts has sleeves, no tube tops, outfits that flatter you but also that you can move around in.  If you're comfortable, it'll show in your outfit, so I'd go for things you like.
    White Knot
    Stand up for something you believe in. White Knot
  • kacarotherskacarothers member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you thought about colors that will really stand out with your skin tone?  Maybe not too bright, but colors that will add and enhance image.  What photographer will be shooting your engagement session? 
  • edited December 2011
    We're using Richard Petty Photography. With my skin tone I am able to pull off a lot of colors, I'm fairly tan, so both light and dark colors tend to bring out my skin tone. I know that we will not be using any neon colors or orange. I like more blues and cool colors as well as pink and neutrals. Our colors are teal and midnight blue so I don't know if we should choose an outfit that will be in those colors or just stick whatever else would look good.
  • edited December 2011
    We are doing outfits that we would actually where.  We are doing November at Shaw Nature Reserve.  I do think we are going to do a couple in our favorite sports jersey, but really just for like one or two shots.  Then, we are just doing two outfits, one with each of us in jeans and a shirt of our choosing.  Then, we will also be doing one with him in either khackis or slacks and I might do a tights and dress look because I love wearing thick fun tights in the fall with a basic little dress.  You don't have to look like everyone else, you don't have to wear a certain thing.  Realistically, you want to look like you guys!
  • aragx6aragx6 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-st-louis_wear?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:87Discussion:9e77ceba-783c-42d7-bdcb-7c3b3cf3c87cPost:aa586f19-7cb6-4f24-9dbe-4083c1363105">Re: What to wear</a>:
    [QUOTE] Realistically, you want to look like you guys!
    Posted by fam6[/QUOTE]

This is very good advice. Being comfortable will definitely give you better pictures.

Also, I don't think there's any reason you'd need to stay within the bounds of your wedding colors.
    Lizzie
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards