Wedding Etiquette Forum

Survey Time

Re: Survey Time

• 1. What's the longest you've gone without sleep and why? 50ish hours, coming back from the philippines, long layovers and plane rides.
    2.What is the most memorable class you've ever taken? early childhood ed.

3. If you could own a wild animal for a pet, what would you choose? tiger.
    4. If you were offered $100 million dollars, would you make a sex tape with a celebrity that was certain to go public? I would not

5. Where did you go to be alone when you were a kid (like a "safe place")? into the woods

6. In five years, what does your life look like? With H, a baby, and hopefully moved into a town I actually like!
  • I'd do Danny Devito for 100 mil. 
  • 1. What's the longest you've gone without sleep and why?  Probably about 55 hours.  I participated in a 48 hour (no sitting, no sleeping) dance marathon that raises funds for pediatric cancer (the largest student-run philanthropy in the world) as an undergrad.

2.What is the most memorable class you've ever taken? Management.  While it made me realize that I wasn't cut out for the business option in my major, I really loved the professor and the activities we did in class.  We also got to watch movies for extra credit.

3. If you could own a wild animal for a pet, what would you choose? Sea lion

4. If you were offered $100 million dollars, would you make a sex tape with a celebrity that was certain to go public? Nope. Not even if I was married to the celebrity in question.

5. Where did you go to be alone when you were a kid (like a "safe place")? Probably the backyard.  I can't really think of anything specific.

6. In five years, what does your life look like? Hopefully a full-time job that is in the field I want to be in and live in a place I can call my own.
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_survey-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c935be96-0649-4354-9873-a6ac9ec1483ePost:2a349b63-a3e0-4808-86ae-95e5b2b30493">Re: Survey Time</a>:
    [QUOTE]For 100 million dollars, I'd do just about anybody. 
    Posted by laurenclaire1386[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>For real. Bring it on Danny DeVito. 

</div>
    Photobucket
  • I'd probably still do him too, but my scenario in my head chooses someone more appealing. ;) I also would make sure J knew about it first. 

How could I have forgotten a dolphin? I loved when I got to swim with them in Hawaii. D'aww they are so freakin' cute.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_survey-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:c935be96-0649-4354-9873-a6ac9ec1483ePost:fe535cdd-b3a3-4172-bc8d-64a665443e85">Survey Time</a>:
    [QUOTE]1. What's the longest you've gone without sleep and why?  2.What is the most memorable class you've ever taken?  3. If you could own a wild animal for a pet, what would you choose?  4. If you were offered $100 million dollars, would you make a sex tape with a celebrity that was certain to go public?  5. Where did you go to be alone when you were a kid (like a "safe place")?  6. In five years, what does your life look like? 
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

1. Like 24 hours at the most. I can't stay up for very long. I get really pissed if I am tired.

2. Hmm I don't know.

3. Polar bear hands down

4. Yup. 100million dollars can buy anything I would ever want or need again. I'm sure H would be cool with it. It's 100 f ucking million dollars.

5. Nowhere?

6. Hopefully not working and maybe having a kid. Hopefully no debt.
  • 1. What's the longest you've gone without sleep and why? I think I have gone longer without sleep but in recent memory it must have been our road trip to Montana.  I just didn't want to sleep.  It was a 17 hour drive there and we left at 3am, but I didn't bother going to sleep from the day before.  I was too excited.

2.What is the most memorable class you've ever taken?   I think it was Sex and Gender in Society.  Just lots of really good discussions.

3. If you could own a wild animal for a pet, what would you choose?  A tiger, duh

4. If you were offered $100 million dollars, would you make a sex tape with a celebrity that was certain to go public?  Yup.

5. Where did you go to be alone when you were a kid (like a "safe place")?  I had a few secret nooks in the trees behind our farmhouse

6. In five years, what does your life look like?  A couple kids perhaps - one kid at least.  Homeowners.  Stuff like that. 
    panther
  • Haha, MuSu, there are others now! It's a lot of money. Hell, I'm sure FI would be fine with it if it meant we could pay off our student loans and have a house :P
  • I'm going to have to re-read this later

1. What's the longest you've gone without sleep and why?

36 hours- we would have 24 hour swim clinics (so swim for 2 hrs, take a break then come back and swim more)

2.What is the most memorable class you've ever taken?

I cried in a globalization class b/c my sister was deployed and someone made jackass comments about soldiers. I was obviously emotional.

The class I enjoyed the most: Natural Hazards and Disasters. We got to build a lot of stuff and simulate disasters.

3. If you could own a wild animal for a pet, what would you choose?

River otters or meerkats

4. If you were offered $100 million dollars, would you make a sex tape with a celebrity that was certain to go public?

No, I'm to private about my sex life

5. Where did you go to be alone when you were a kid (like a "safe place")?

The bathroom. I would lay on the floor eat otter pops and read books.

6. In five years, what does your life look like?

Project Management Masters, Married, getting ready for kids, starting a business, buying the farm. That is a lot of stuff to do :D
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Although on second thought, I'm not sure I could do Danny DeVito, but only because he reminds me so much of my dad. 
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_survey-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c935be96-0649-4354-9873-a6ac9ec1483ePost:73fdf6cc-423f-42ab-9220-74eebc161609">Re: Survey Time</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'd probably still do him too, but my scenario in my head chooses someone more appealing. ;) I also would make sure J knew about it first<strong>.  How could I have forgotten a dolphin? I loved when I got to swim with them in Hawaii. D'aww they are so freakin' cute.</strong>
    Where did you go in Hawaii?
  • She didn't say it had to be entertaining or enjoyable. $100million to lay there and get porked for a few minutes? Hell yes. I could buy a private island if I was embarrassed after.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_survey-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c935be96-0649-4354-9873-a6ac9ec1483ePost:fe535cdd-b3a3-4172-bc8d-64a665443e85">Survey Time</a>:
    [QUOTE]1. What's the longest you've gone without sleep and why? 
    Mmm... I think 36 hours. My friend made me stay up before a band concert. Not a cool band. Our high school band. Yup.

Refugees, Displaced Persons and Exiles. Holy crap. The things human beings do to one another.

Dolphin.

4. If you were offered $100 million dollars, would you make a sex tape with a celebrity that was certain to go public? 
    Hell's to the yes. Even H would be fine with it. I just checkd. I told him I'd buy him a Ferrari and he said, "okay" :)

My bedroom. No one really bothered me there.

Please to god, let me be back in the US, owning a home, and further in my career.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_survey-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c935be96-0649-4354-9873-a6ac9ec1483ePost:2a349b63-a3e0-4808-86ae-95e5b2b30493">Re: Survey Time</a>:
    [QUOTE]For 100 million dollars, I'd do just about anybody. 
    Posted by laurenclaire1386[/QUOTE]
    I love you.
  • 1. What's the longest you've gone without sleep and why?  Around 30 hours for the Relay for Life almost every year.

2.What is the most memorable class you've ever taken? My Introduction to Education class especially when the teacher read aloud an old picture book about seals and it wound up randomly going in-depth about their sex practices. His lesson that day was to make sure you read your books before reading them to your class.

3. If you could own a wild animal for a pet, what would you choose? Penguins. 110% I would own a penguin.

4. If you were offered $100 million dollars, would you make a sex tape with a celebrity that was certain to go public?  No.

5. Where did you go to be alone when you were a kid (like a "safe place")? Either out in the woods or in my room. When my closet was actually clean, I'd go in there.

6. In five years, what does your life look like? 23 days from celebrating our 5 year anniversary with at least one kid. Hopefully I'll be teaching and working on my masters.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_survey-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c935be96-0649-4354-9873-a6ac9ec1483ePost:f791be30-1263-4488-b7f0-5bf33ad424d4">Re: Survey Time</a>:
    [QUOTE]She didn't say it had to be entertaining or enjoyable. $100million to lay there and get porked for a few minutes? Hell yes. I could buy a private island if I was embarrassed after.
    Posted by ahhhitsshannyn[/QUOTE]
    DED
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_survey-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c935be96-0649-4354-9873-a6ac9ec1483ePost:8a3a3d63-c6b3-4ee0-b29c-5e44ad05a959">Re: Survey Time</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Please to god, back in the US</strong>
    Posted by Snippylynn[/QUOTE]

This. Everyone keeps saying to me "if you stay abroad more then five years, you'll settle there, you know!" And I tell them to STFU because there's no way in heck I'm staying here forever.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_survey-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c935be96-0649-4354-9873-a6ac9ec1483ePost:7b12d83b-348d-4cdd-a29d-66b470569037">Re: Survey Time</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Survey Time : Where did you go in Hawaii?
    Posted by crash2729[/QUOTE]

<div>I've been to both Oahu and the Big Island. But I swam w/ the dolphins on the BI during our HM. :) That was at our Hilton Waikoloa resort. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_survey-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c935be96-0649-4354-9873-a6ac9ec1483ePost:2dba650d-faa9-44ac-8df4-60b3accb23ab">Re: Survey Time</a>:
    [QUOTE]1. What's the longest you've gone without sleep and why? <strong> Around 30 hours for the Relay for Life almost every year</strong>. 2.What is the most memorable class you've ever taken?  My Introduction to Education class especially when the teacher read aloud an old picture book about seals and it wound up randomly going in-depth about their sex practices. His lesson that day was to make sure you read your books before reading them to your class. 3. If you could own a wild animal for a pet, what would you choose?  Penguins. 110% I would own a penguin. 4. If you were offered $100 million dollars, would you make a sex tape with a celebrity that was certain to go public?  No. 5. Where did you go to be alone when you were a kid (like a "safe place")? Either out in the woods or in my room. When my closet was actually clean, I'd go in there. 6. In five years, what does your life look like?  23 days from celebrating our 5 year anniversary with at least one kid. Hopefully I'll be teaching and working on my masters.
    Posted by midgetthemighty[/QUOTE]

I forgot about the Relay for Life! I was the chairperson one year and I didn't sleep for about 36 hours.  Nothing says running a successful event like chasing teenagers off the track for drinking Gatorade and chewing gum. Stupid new turf restrictions on the field.
  • 1. What's the longest you've gone without sleep and why?
    Five days on 2 10 minute catnaps.  Tech of my first musical in college.  Trial by fire.  half the freshman majors quit. 

Costume design.  It was on SATURDAY mornings my Sophomore or Junior year of college.  The prof was an awesome biiitch.

I'm allergic to all the things.  But if allergies are no issue in this imaginary world, some kind of small jungle cat.

For that kind of money, I'm pretty sure I could get H's permission.

5. Where did you go to be alone when you were a kid
    I had a little ledge in my bedroom that was about ten feet up almost like a loft only about 2 feet tall and a library ladder leading up to it.  I used to read up there.
  • button -- Holy hell, that prof sounds awful. :( Were you able to do something about the grade? 

Muni -- I'm allergic to all the things too! 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_survey-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c935be96-0649-4354-9873-a6ac9ec1483ePost:f791be30-1263-4488-b7f0-5bf33ad424d4">Re: Survey Time</a>:
    [QUOTE]She didn't say it had to be entertaining or enjoyable. $100million to lay there and get porked for a few minutes? Hell yes. I could buy a private island if I was embarrassed after.

Very true! I
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_survey-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c935be96-0649-4354-9873-a6ac9ec1483ePost:5ebec104-86c3-4eb8-9540-795c03180c9f">Re: Survey Time</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Survey Time : This. Everyone keeps saying to me "if you stay abroad more then five years, you'll settle there, you know!" And I tell them to STFU because there's no way in heck I'm staying here forever.
    Posted by lissadelsol[/QUOTE]
    We're already at 5 years. DON'T SAY THAT.

Now H and I are trying to figure out who we WOULDN'T do. Turns out... there's no limits.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_survey-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c935be96-0649-4354-9873-a6ac9ec1483ePost:d3cfbb4e-3996-4057-964f-8f5f001a6325">Re: Survey Time</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Survey Time : We're already at 5 years. DON'T SAY THAT. Now H and I are trying to figure out who we WOULDN'T do. Turns out... there's no limits.
    Posted by Snippylynn[/QUOTE]
    I've been thinking the same thing for the last few minutes. I haven't conferred with H on it, but I'm pretty sure there's almost nothing we wouldn't do for 100 million. Money is the best motivator in existence. 
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Oh my cellulite would be in all of it's glory. I don't give a damn. No one is going to WANT  to watch it but damn, I still got my $100 million. I'm sure my future trust fund babies would understand too.
  • I've never watched a sex tape but I get the impression it usually isn't great quality, so cellulite probably wouldn't even be noticeable. :) 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_survey-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c935be96-0649-4354-9873-a6ac9ec1483ePost:a25301cf-615d-40a9-beef-922ae171724c">Re: Survey Time</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh my cellulite would be in all of it's glory. I don't give a damn. No one is going to WANT  to watch it but damn, I still got my $100 million. I'm sure my future trust fund babies would understand too.

I can imagine this conversation: "Ma, you made a SEX TAPE?" "Yeah. Got a problem with it? I can give your trust fund to your sibling." "Nope, no issues."
  • I don't think I could drink a Fear Factor milkshake or something for 100 million, but it wouldn't be because I didn't try, that's for sure.  I just know I'd gag on it and not be able to keep it down.  But that's probably the only thing I wouldn't do.

That, and I don't think I could murder someone.  I just don't have it in me. 
    panther
  • pkontkpkontk member
    First Comment
    1. What's the longest you've gone without sleep and why?
    36-48 hours, after pulling all nighters in college and grad school (one for each)

In grad school, one of our classes involved a field trip... to do field work in India.  That was amazing.

Elephant.  They're so big, yet so graceful.

Yes I would.  No one remembers who Paris Hilton got it on with, so if it was me and Ryan Gosling, my guess is no one would remember my naked butt.

My room.  Our doors didn't lock, but when I needed privacy, I would close the door and be left alone.

Hopefully as a parent, running my own event planning business.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_survey-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:c935be96-0649-4354-9873-a6ac9ec1483ePost:d5e27938-a7e8-46dc-9e23-f93045902ca8">Re: Survey Time</a>:
    [QUOTE] 4. If you were offered $100 million dollars, would you make a sex tape with a celebrity that was certain to go public? Yes I would.  <strong>No one remembers who Paris Hilton got it on with, so if it was me and Ryan Gosling, my guess is no one would remember my naked butt</strong>. Posted by pkontk[/QUOTE]

That's a good point.  I might have to change my answer.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards