Wedding Party
Options

Flower Girl Gifts!!

Good afternoon everyone!! I'm two months and 16 days out from the big day! I'm super excited and currently working on getting gifts for my Flower Girls. I asked this question a couple months ago either on here or on WeddingBees and everyone suggested I have my fiance do it since it was his side. Well I felt since I asked them and requested they buy their dresses, I felt it was also my responsibility to get them the gifts. My fiance had no idea what to get them either -- they're 7 year old little girls whom he doesn't see that oftben.

So I ended up buying them both Freshwater Pearl necklaces with Bracelets to match. I got my Bridesmaids Coach purses so I was going to get the little girls purses too. I've never been around little girls, nor do I really know what that age group is interested in. The one girl is going through a weird phase liking Star Wars but is super girly and the other girl is going through a phase where she's starting to get over the disney princesses but she doesn't really have any real interests.

So anyways -- I found a couple different purses and I was hoping someone would be able to tell me which one would be appropriate for a 6/7 year old......

Purses:

1:

2:

(The colors can be different and the flower can also be a ribbon)

3:

(This one can be different colors and different ribbon colors)

Re: Flower Girl Gifts!!

• Options
    Sorry but I don't think 6/7 year olds need purses. Get them toys r us gift cards so they can buy what they want.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm also not a fan of the purse idea.  They're a little too old to still be playing dress-up, and too young to be using it seriously, so it's probably just going to end up in a drawer or the Goodwill box.  Talk to their parents if you don't know what they'd like.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    AlexaNPAlexaNP member
    First Comment
    edited July 2012

My Flower Girl is my little cousin who is 7 years old.  I got her a mini tote bag with her name embroidered on it.  I thought this was a good idea because it can have more uses than a purse.  I thought she can use it when she takes her dolls or other toys places, or also use it to pack stuff in if she sleeps over at one of her grandma's houses.  If you look around, you can find some really cute tote bags!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think the purse is cute but maybe put something inside the purse that matches their tastes more.  Or maybe a Toys R Us gift card inside of hte purse!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards