African American Weddings

Creative idea for napkins

Daydreaming at work and saw this idea for reception napkins. I may look into this! Hope it helps someone :)

http://diy.weddingbee.com/topic/diy-cocktail-napkins
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Creative idea for napkins

• edited December 2011
    This is awesome!! Please post pics if you do them.  I just paid $40 for 200 napkins.  Oh well...  Undecided
  • edited December 2011
    I just did my napkins for my engagement party Saturday.  They came out great.  I will post a pic once I get home.  I bought a customer stamp from a seller on ebay with our names and the J on it.  Super easy.  I just did it while I watched tv
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    Very nice!  I think I might try!
    Until the first full year of being one! Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for sharing, I was just looking at napkins today. I would like some for the bar area.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_creative-idea-napkins?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:345d47a6-ba28-45f4-a231-79eddea8a5cePost:77437b62-20b5-4161-8c4d-d7ee30b03999">Re: Creative idea for napkins</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is awesome!! Please post pics if you do them.  I just paid $40 for 200 napkins.  Oh well...  
    Posted by simbidi[/QUOTE]

I definitely will post pics. I think Im going to check out MIchaels this weekend, I think she said clear stamps were better than the rubber stamps, so I will be looking for that for sure.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_creative-idea-napkins?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:345d47a6-ba28-45f4-a231-79eddea8a5cePost:afe67c7a-492d-45dd-99bf-9115609542a0">Re: Creative idea for napkins</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just did my napkins for my engagement party Saturday.  They came out great.  I will post a pic once I get home.  I bought a customer stamp from a seller on ebay with our names and the J on it.  Super easy.  I just did it while I watched tv
    Posted by djscat[/QUOTE]

Please share the 'creative juicedness' lol  Cant wait to see your pics of them! You are on the ball with the DIY! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sherri0129Sherri0129 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am sooooo going to try to do this! Putting it on my DIY list =)  Thanks for posting it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Okay ladies sorry I had to take the picture and upload it.  Here are my napkins that I made for the engagement party this Saturday.  Since my colors are black, white, and silver I used the silver metallic ink.  If I had to do over I think I would just do the black ink on white and silver napkins.  The matallic ink can become really tacky and stick to the napkins. 

Cost:
    Customer stamp $6.99 from Ebay
    styzon ink $8.99 (with 40% off coupon.  Black ink is only $5.50 with coupon) from Michaels
    cocktail napkins 30 pack for $1.00 at dollar tree

The great thing is now that I have the set up I can do this for the showers, and the wedding as well.  I plan to get every penny out of this.   
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards