Attire & Accessories Forum

Shoe dilemma

I have never been a girl that could wear heels easily.  I'm definitely one of those girls that will buy a pair bc I liked the look of them, but end up never wearing them because after an hour my feet are killing me!

I'm 5'4 and my fiance is 5'10.  Would it be so bad if I wore flats?  Anyone have any idea where I could start looking for them?  Ballet slippers could be cute....

Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Shoe dilemma

• Flats are just fine! I love the ones at DSW lately.

Another thought if you don't usually deal well with conventional heels is wedges--they're more stable and less fatiguing on the feet and legs. Good luck in your search!
  • I'm 4'10 and J is 5'10.  I am wearing flats the entire time.  I actually really enjoy our height difference.
    Anniversary
  • I'm the same way with heels.  I have some of the cutest pairs ever (IMO) because I love them when I see them, but rarely wear them because they hurt after about an hour.

If you want to wear flats the definitely just wear flats.  I think brides get too caught up in looking "picture perfect" for their wedding day.  I was guilty of it at first too because H and I are the same height and I didn't want to tower over him.  But then I found a pair of heels I loved and said screw it.  I never noticed the height difference once in our wedding or pictures so you probably won't either, and your guests definitely won't. 

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm tall and have been in love with the Dessy ballet flats since I saw them on Advantage Bridal. If I remember correctly, they have ballet slippers that you can have decorated in colors to match your gown and bridesmaid dresses too. I plan on being comfortable.  Heels kill my feet and I don't want to be miserable on my wedding day!
  • I also am not a fan of heels, but I needed to add at least 2 1/2 inches to my height to avoid having to hem my dress. I'm just about 5'5 and my fi is just about 5'10, so I could use a couple more inches.  I went to several different stores and searched several website for some comfortable shoes with at least a 2 1/2 inch heel.  I finally came across some flip flops at jc penney. com.  They came in the mail  a few days ago and they are really comfortable and they give me the height I need (right around 3 inches)
    They work really well for me, even with a February wedding- my whole wedding is inside with reception and ceremony in the same place, which is also a hotel, so I'll be going from my hotel room to my wedding ceremony to the reception.

Little one is here.
  • No, wearing flats would not be bad.  You need to be comfortable and feel at ease.  If flats will do that for you, go for it and don't give it a second thought!!  Have fun. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards